No announcement yet.

Best Avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice, Matt! I've never read/seen The Tick but I'm liking the eclectic mix of big 2 and indie characters going on.

As for the whole villain thing, I was just thinking of it as a comic book theme in the broadest sense. Whatever tickles your pickle as far as choices go, of course.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Bobby...no lie, you need to see the cartoon of 'The Tick' from the mid-90s (1994-1996, I think). Really, really funny stuff.

Bare minimum, you NEED NEED NEED to see the episode 'the Tick vs the Tick'. It's easily the funniest episode of the show and features the Crazy Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight YEAH YEAH BABY BOOM HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Howlingly funny.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The live action show is pretty incredible too. Batmanuel is a multi-tasker!

Comment

• The cartoon is aces, the show is decent and the comic is amazing.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Bobby...no lie, you need to see the cartoon of 'The Tick' from the mid-90s (1994-1996, I think). Really, really funny stuff.
            The live-action version is on Instant View and arguably the best thing Sonnenfeld ever did. Strike that, it is his best work.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• The comic was a pisser - you'll never look at ninjas the same way again.

Comment

• the ninja hedge was one of the single best moments in that entire comic.

Also: Man Eating Cow!
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Paul the Samurai!

Comment

• One of those cartoons that went over your head as a kid.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• best episodes of the cartoon to watch:

1. 'The Tick vs The Tick' (Crazy Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight YEAH YEAH!!!)
                      2. 'The Tick vs The Common Cold' (with Thrakkarzarg)
                      3. (don't remember the title, but the spoof on cops with the Deadly Bulb/Pigleg)
                      4. 'The Tick vs Las Vegas' (The FIN with the henchmen trying to achieve dolphiness through interpretive dance)
                      5. 'The Tick vs Education (with Sarcastro, Babyboomorangutan, and Mr. Exciting)

Personal opinion, of course. The first one is a lock on #1, though...no argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        Bobby...no lie, you need to see the cartoon of 'The Tick' from the mid-90s (1994-1996, I think). Really, really funny stuff.

Bare minimum, you NEED NEED NEED to see the episode 'the Tick vs the Tick'. It's easily the funniest episode of the show and features the Crazy Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight YEAH YEAH BABY BOOM HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Howlingly funny.
                        I've been meaning to check it out for ages, Matt. Never really heard a bad word about it from anyone (and everything said in this thread so far indicates that reputation is well earned.) Paul the Samurai has me laughing already!

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        The live-action version is on Instant View and arguably the best thing Sonnenfeld ever did. Strike that, it is his best work.
                        Unfortunately this Netflix I hear so much about is unavailable on our shores. Thanks for the heads up though, Jamie!
                        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I think that most of the episodes are on youtube as well.

Now...put down your G-g-g-g-g-g-g-GUNS and PUT THEM IN THE HAPPY BOX!!!!

God, I remember laughing hysterically at Big Shot weeping with pure joy while firing his guns into that sign. He was the perfect riff on the Punisher.

Comment

• Just did some quick research on the matter and discovered a swell looking, all-encompassing DVD box-set. Unfortunately, it seems unavailable to all but those willing and/or able to fork out over 300 quid for it.

The search... goes on...

on...

Comment

• My avatar is dedicated to Jake.
                              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
                                My avatar is dedicated to Jake.
                                Lulz....
                                “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

Working...
                                X