• Show
Clear All

• Your pet: OUCH!
    Your wallet: OUCH!

take care, grave!
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sorry to hear, Grave - hope your pooch gets better soon!

Comment

• so our cat Boomer has been sick for the last month or so. Just coughing/sneezing. She didn't seem in pain or anything, just annoyed. Still eating, drinking, purring, etc..

Last night before bed we found one of her front teeth in our bedroom. Like the whole thing just fell out, root and everything. Of course we freaked out but the weird thing is she doesn't even seem to give a shit. Still social, purring, etc..

Gonna take her to the vet tonight or this weekend when we get a chance, but we're feeling pretty shitty.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Wiley had a tooth issue 2 years ago. Think it was an abscess, but can't remember. He was friendly, purring, all that shit, but he didn't seem to be eating as much. The lack of eating is what spurred us to take him into the vet, and he ended up having two teeth pulled. He's been fine ever since.

Nothing but good wishes for Boomer. I hope she recovers just as quickly as Wiley did.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• that makes me feel better. She's always been incredibly skinny and we noticed a bit more shoulder blade lately but nothing too crazy. I really hope it's not too expensive to fix as we just don't have any extra money at the moment.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Wiley was getting skinnier and skinnier there too, and the fact that he wasn't eating as much became more noticeable. After his dental surgery, he had to eat wet/soft food for a week but he was back to normal pretty quickly and recovered all of his weight.

I don't recall how much it cost but I don't think it was cheap. Sorry...

Comment

• Patch & Stitch had some major dental issues, severe periodontal disease and had to have most of their teeth removed.
                Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Tests came back negative for any thing bad. Organs are good and lungs are clear. Now we're just giving her some antibiotics and other medicine for the next 2 weeks to see if that helps.

Got an estimate for her dental work: 700 bucks.

fuck.

Comment

• You got off light. Dental work for both cats ran a couple of K.

Glad your kitty's OK, though.

Comment

• Daaaaaaaaaamn.

Comment

• Is the dental work kitty dentures or something? I suppose it's expensive because they have to knock her out for the procedure. I'm glad it's nothing super serious, though!

Comment

• yeah, it's the knockout gas that is the most expensive thing. And we have to do it for Boomer, then Fahey, and finally Chanandler.

Comment

• she however hates us right now thanks to the fact that twice a day I have to shoot medicine down her gullet with a syringe.

Comment

• Both Patch & Stitch had to have some specialized work done because of the amount of teeth taken in their procedures (Patch has 5 teeth left in his mouth and Stitch has 2).

Don't worry about being hated for shooting medicine down the throat. I had to do it after the procedures for both cats for about a month afterwards. They forgave me fairly quickly because they knew I wasn't doing it just to torture them and I gave them lots of love before and after shooting the medicine down their throats.
                              Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Took Fahey to the vet for a tooth cleaning. Was told it was 300 bucks. They pulled 4 teeth for reasons, total was 750. Now he's all doped up and sad pandaish.

Comment

Working...
                                X