No announcement yet.

Da da da da, da da da da... PETS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch had his dental surgery today and is home. He's only got five (5) teeth left and they had to do an extra test because he had red gums for no reason in a couple of spots and the vet said that the disease that could cause it is transmissible to humans, but treatable.

Right now I have Patch sequestered in one of the bathrooms for ease of treatment (mostly catching him for said treatment). He's on antibiotics, pain med and has a kitty pro-biotic to combat the effects of the antibiotic. He doesn't get any water till 6 pm and no food until 8 pm. I think I may let him out later because he's causing a ruckus (he's meowing a lot more than Stitch did). We'll see.
    Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Patch's bill ran to the tune of $2K. Had to be done, as I hate seeing animals in any sort of pain, but, damn...

Comment

• Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum. He'd better be a good kitty from now on!
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• He's always a good kitty, just a bit mischievous.

Right now the little guy is isolated in the spare bathroom with water (just put it down at 6:00 as per vet's orders), a nice soft blanket and a litter pan. It's mostly so I don't have to chase him around the house in order to catch him to medicate him.

I have to puree his food for now with some warm water to make it both food and drink and so that the pieces don't get caught in the stitches (which dissolve). I already made his follow-up appointment with our vet (instead of the vet who did the procedure (she's 1/2 hour away as opposed to our vet who's around the corner). I'm going to try to get that day off, too.

Comment

• Ouuuuch hope you got a warranty with that!

Comment

• Good news is that Patch is doing good today. He's fully eaten 2 bowls of his special pureed food and is working on his 3rd. Gave him a dose of antibiotic and pain killer this morning. Tim gave him his pro-biotic with his 2nd dish of food. I gave him his 2nd dose of pain med and will give him his 2nd dose of antibiotic later this evening.

He's still in isolation because the pain med will make him wobbly and I don't want him falling down the stairs or off of anything.

Comment

• Spartacus had me freaking out last night, it seems he had a minor seizure. He went outside to do his business and I saw him lay down, then he was unable to walk properly and wouldn't respond at all. I called my vet freaking out and while I was on hold he went from shaking and wimpering to licking my hand, hopping down to get some water, then hopping onto the other couch and playing with his toy. Like nothing happened.

Vet thinks he had a minor/partial grand mal seizure, but Spartacus is the age he could develop epilepsy. If I see another seizure in the next 3-4 months we are putting him on medicine for the epilepsy. The bitch is I am at work 9 hours a day, and what if he has been having these while I am gone? Ugh, so stressed, but at least he seems perfectly fine now.

Comment

• sucks Billy. Hopefully everything works out for you two.

Set up a nanny-cam at home that you can watch at work. Maybe you'll see that Spartacus is inviting his dog friends over and they are all doing lots of cocaine.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well, that's terrible. There's not any kind of test they can run for a diagnosis? "Eh, just wait and see what happens" has to be the worst dr. Advice ever. I hope he stays okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      Well, that's terrible. There's not any kind of test they can run for a diagnosis? "Eh, just wait and see what happens" has to be the worst dr. Advice ever. I hope he stays okay.
                      It's what I expected. Read a bunch on it last night, and pretty much everything I read said that unless you want to put the dog onto unnecessary medicine then wait to see if its recurring. It's likely this was a one time thing, but if its recurring it is only two things, brain tumor and epilepsy. Vet said it would be the youngest dog he's ever see with a brain tumor by close to a decade, so if it recurs then we go on epilepsy meds.

Comment

• Wishing the best for both you & Spartacus, Billy. Here's hoping it's a one-shot deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Spartacus had me freaking out last night, it seems he had a minor seizure. He went outside to do his business and I saw him lay down, then he was unable to walk properly and wouldn't respond at all. I called my vet freaking out and while I was on hold he went from shaking and wimpering to licking my hand, hopping down to get some water, then hopping onto the other couch and playing with his toy. Like nothing happened.

Vet thinks he had a minor/partial grand mal seizure, but Spartacus is the age he could develop epilepsy. If I see another seizure in the next 3-4 months we are putting him on medicine for the epilepsy. The bitch is I am at work 9 hours a day, and what if he has been having these while I am gone? Ugh, so stressed, but at least he seems perfectly fine now.
                          If it's anything like our dog had back then, you'll see them once in a blue moon, like literally less than one a year. I'm hoping it's like that for you guys.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Hope Spartacus is OK, Billy. Sincerely hope his mild seizure was only due to an epic poop outside and nothing more serious!

Comment

• Anyone had experience going after fleas in the yard/house? I got the fleas off Spartacus, and within two days he is covered again. At this point I think the yard is infested. I read about pouring salt into carpet, then using borax/salt mix outside in a spreader and letting it sit 3-4 days. Any other ideas?

Comment

• Ask a local pest control professional about removing the fleas from the house. The only method I know of to remove them from the house involves a flea bomb, which is not good for human or canine. To prevent them from going onto Spartacus, treat him with a monthly flea treatment, like Frontline. You could also probably ask your vet, he/she might know of a way to get rid of them from the house.

Is your yard sandy? Fleas like sandy areas. Try to get rid of as much of the sand as you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X