No announcement yet.

Da da da da, da da da da... PETS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh. So Gucci came out after Brittany got home and was limping. I got him to the couch and was checking his foot, and flipped him on his belly. He went fucking ape shit, caught my finger and drew a good chunk of blood for his little ass. Then I saw he has a huge swollen lump near his dick. I convinced Brittany we needed to get him to the emergency vet, because for the size of that lump on such a small dog it was serious.

She of course had herself worked up it was cancer and we were going to have to put him down. I told her no, he got bit or something else because this morning he was fine. This happened in hours, cancer takes its time. Vet came out and told us he has severe urinary track infection, and all that lump is a huge pocket of puss. So he is at the vet now, should be good in about 2 hours for pick up. And there went $650 we weren't planning on spending either. Good thing I just paid off my credit card I just maxed out again...

Comment

• Jesus, Billy! I'm so sorry - I"m glad he's okay, but I know $650 doesn't come easy.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Hopefully he will be ok, they are going to do blood work and all that while they have him. Vet expects it to just show an infection (he also had a fever) so I don't expect any issues. He's going to be so out of it when we get him, they had to give him sedative because he had so much pain during the rectal exam due to the infection, and they were going to have go in with a tube to get the puss out of the sac.

Comment

• Not urinary tract infection, some kind of nasty bacteria infection. Just got home him and gave him antibiotics and pain killer.

Comment

• They said he'll be okay?
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Yeesh, hope Gucci's doing better today, Billy. And I feel for ya re: the credit card stuff. Stitch's dental work ran me a couple of grand earlier this year.

Comment

• Hope Gucci is doing better man.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• He's still limping and in a bad mood today. I got his antibiotic down him with some turkey. We are hoping he will be fine, all signs point to some kind of bacterial infection, that's what showed up on the slides. The question is where he got it, and we can only think we brought home something from my sister's new puppy. Going to call her in a few minutes to see if they've got a vet appointment.

Comment

• Ohhh, that makes sense. Yeah, make sure they get the new baby checked. Hope Gucci's doing better.

Comment

• Hey, gang...

I'm back from the vet with Mr. Edison, and just wanted to ask for some prayers. We don't know for sure just yet, but his increased drinking and excessive urination could be a sign of either diabetes, or that his kidneys are failing. The vet drew some blood, and right away was concerned about the appearance of it - he said it didn't look like it was coagulating the way it should be (which, I'm not sure, but that may be a sign of renal failure). The vet will have the blood work back to me on Tuesday, and we'll see what's what then. Other than that, Edison's acting normally, but as always, we have to see what the bloodwork shows us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                        Hey, gang...

I'm back from the vet with Mr. Edison, and just wanted to ask for some prayers. We don't know for sure just yet, but his increased drinking and excessive urination could be a sign of either diabetes, or that his kidneys are failing. The vet drew some blood, and right away was concerned about the appearance of it - he said it didn't look like it was coagulating the way it should be (which, I'm not sure, but that may be a sign of renal failure). The vet will have the blood work back to me on Tuesday, and we'll see what's what then. Other than that, Edison's acting normally, but as always, we have to see what the bloodwork shows us.

Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Prayers, best thoughts, and good mojo to Edison and you, Lisa! Hope Edison gets better.

Comment

• Thanks, Nathan and Tim.

Comment

• *sending good healthy kitty vibes to Edison* and comfort to Lisa
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Thanks, doll. Edison sends his thanks to everyone, too! (Okay, not really. I just made that last part up.)

Comment

Working...
                                X