No announcement yet.

Da da da da, da da da da... PETS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So with Edison's over-active thyroid, it's been a challenge to keep his weight up, even with the meds. Part of it is that he likes to nap most of the day since he's 16, so he doesn't eat as much because he's sleeping. Another reason is that after a while, he loses interest in certain flavors and types of food, so I need to keep trying new and different things.

I went shopping for cat food for him last night, and I only buy him organic - but in one of the organic brands, they had a venison flavor, so I decided to give one can a try. And apparently, unbeknownst to me, Edison is a venison fan. He cleaned out two bowls full - I just gave him a little bit more of a third bowl, if he'll eat it.

So it looks like the next time I'm at Petco, I'll be stocking up on Bambi In a Can for my boy!
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
      Oh, hai! I'm on ur computer, postin' like I'm hoomin..

I s that Athena or Buddha?

Comment

• Buddha! Believe it or not, that was part of a store display - they gave it to me when they were changing out the windows.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• So Ditto came out yesterday long enough for me to actually see her. She has a really bad infected ingrown toenail. So this morning I gave her a bath, cleaning it really well, then had Brittany hold the foot while I tried to clip the toenail, remove it, and soak it in peroxide.

Well, as soon as I got a good grip with the doggy clipper she started to whine. I gave the tiniest bit of pressure and she went fucking INSANE, knocked my glasses of my face, I almost lost hold of her. And of course, the toenail started to puss up and bleed. There was no trying to get it done after that, so I cleaned the blood, soaked it in peroxide and I guess tomorrow I get to take her to the vet to have them clip all her nails and also fix that nail.

She's finding a new fucking home after New Years, I'm tired of this shit.

Comment

• What else has she done wrong, Billy? Sometimes that happens to a toenail, it's better to take her to the vet before it gets worse.

Comment

• Well a few weeks ago when there was a thunderstorm she hurt the same toe when she got under the recliner and I guess got it stuck under a spring or something. When I had got home it was bleeding, and I had to chase her down and patch that up, but there was no ingrown nail at the time.

Other than that? She's just a bad dog. She hates me. If I walk into a room she either runs out, or she bites me. Anytime I try to pick her up to show her some love or take her outside I get bit and growled at. There's zero companionship, she just hides in the closet or under the bed, then runs to the opposite room when either of us enters. I'm not going to keep being bit at, and spending money on a dog that hates me. I'm still sore at Brittany for bringing this dog home without my input, I'm ready for just Gucci (he's getting up there in age) then get the dog I want.

Comment

• Awww, so sorry to hear that it's not working out. That happens sometimes - I had to bring a cat back to the shelter three months after I got her (this was way before Edison) because she was just a mean cat. I tried to show her so much love that she'd work out her issues, but it just didn't work. In that respect, animals are very much like people - they have their personalities, and their matches, just like we do.

Comment

• Yeah, totally. And really, I've been really nicer than Brittany. We've not had luck with no kill shelters, and she was totally willing to let her go to a really nice shelter, but it's not a no kill. I flat out refused. I told Britt she brought the damn dog in, it's not our fault she isn't working out, we aren't letting her go somewhere she might be put to sleep for it.

Comment

• Put Brittany to sleep* It's the only answer.

*ie sleeperhold not death silly.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I put her to sleep every time we fuck. lulzselfdepreciatinghumorz

The weiiiiiiiiiird thing about Ditto? If she gets into the bedroom like on a weekend morning she will jump right up to me and cuddle up and be the best fucking dog in the world. She acts like she does with visitors. It's awesome. When I get up to shower? DEVIL DOG

Comment

• That dog sounds like it's possessed. Seek exorcism soon.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• If the dog is truly, truly not working out, here's a Google search of Houston area no-kill shelters:

Hope this helps!

Comment

• I've contacted probably 15 shelters, and everyone has said they are full and don't have room. I've tried to offer fostering her and letting them come see her and take pictures etc and had no cooperation. I finally put it on Brittany, she brought the dog in, I've already put a ton of my own time and money into Ditto.

Comment

• Got the ingrown nail off Ditto. She was PISSED. This was the second attempt. The first went...poorly. I messed with the clippers to get a wider opening, and snipped it off quick. It fell right out, no bleeding or puss, unlike the first attempt. Put it in some peroxide and dried it off. She's sulking now. Got a couple good bites in on me though.

Looked at the nail after, and the under part was all hollow, like it could not grow while stuck in the toe. Yucky.

Comment

• Ouch! You did what you had to, Billy. Hope Ditto will start to behave and be nicer to you as a result.

Comment

Working...
                                X