Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    So...Irish stereotypes.
    I am worryingly stereotypical, in some ways. Especially on the football/soccer pitch.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Would that be considered 'General Hellraising', Bobby? Also, the whole football/soccer thing seems to be an EVERY COUNTRY BUT THE USA type of stereotype.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That's cause our country sucks and would rather watch people play fucking Football.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Would that be considered 'General Hellraising', Bobby? Also, the whole football/soccer thing seems to be an EVERY COUNTRY BUT THE USA type of stereotype.
          In some cases, yes. For the most part, it's classed as outright thuggery, though. To my credit (?), my football transgressions are kept to matches I'm actually involved in and they never exceed the odd verbal exchange with a team-mate or opponent (to me, this is part and parcel of the game) and its always done with good cause. Compared to some of my fellow countrymen, I'm positively mellow.

The U.S. is certainly a peculiar case, in this regard, Matt. The Irish League is firmly ensconced in the other camp. I'm not sure if this will work Stateside, but here's my local team Crusaders in action on Boxing Day.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/nort...ll/8431009.stm
          Last edited by Bobby Bear; 12-30-2009, 01:23 PM.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/nort...ll/8431009.stm

This links works. Also, it's making me want to go buy the new FIFA game.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/nort...ll/8431009.stm

This links works. Also, it's making me want to go buy the new FIFA game.
              Excellent! I can say with absolute confidence that:

1.) FIFA 10 is deserving of your time and money.
              2.) The P.S.N. face-offs we'd have would also be high on red cards as well as laughs.

Comment

• Oh snaps, another PSN user. Bruce Wayne will be so happy. haha

Comment

• I heard the next FIFA game is going to be rediculous. I'm actually interested, which is weird because I normally don't like sport games.
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• I used to love the FIFA games, but then they kept fucking with things and made them unplayable to me. They just stopped being fun. But I'll have to check out the new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Oh snaps, another PSN user. Bruce Wayne will be so happy. haha
                      If anyone fancies a few easy victories - whatever the game - feel free to shoot a P.M. my way.

FIFA, right now, is not only the best football/soccer title around but also a hugely fun game that presupposes no great love or knowledge of the sport.

Comment

• Shit, I may have to go pick this up.

Comment

• I want to play a FIFA soccer game where you're actually armed with guns. Combat soccer, the way it was truly meant to be played.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Haha. OR on a field filled with landmines.

Comment

• Brockian Ultra Cricket. The winning team is the one that wins.

Comment

• Soccer is for highschool girls and forners! Lol jk
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X