Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of the blizzard, courtesy of NY Daily News:

Astoria, Queens - my neighborhood:

Another one from my neighborhood - a cabby trying to push his way out of it:

An abandoned snow plow in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Brooklyn got hit HARD - the "snowing subway station" story that Billy posted was a stop in Brooklyn:

Bronx - also hit pretty hard:

2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• JUST got our cars dug out and parked at the church across the street - burned so much rubber trying to move my car, smells like Pittsburgh out there.

Also, why is it that people become retarded in my neighborhood when it snows? Not all of 'em, thank Hocken, but just enough to fuck me up. Case in point, we have TWO entrances to my development and some assholes decide to block them up with their cars. Why? Because they can't spend the extra minute to cross the street and park in the freshly cleaned church lot? Because they're trying to stake a claim? Because they think it'd be a great idea to block the snow blowers and snow plows from doing their job?

I tell ya, sometime early next year, I'm buying a snow blower for myself. Chances are, however, that once I buy one, it'll never snow this bad again, but fuck it, I'll do it anyway for that EXACT reason!

My hats off to you that deal with this shit on a regular basis. Consider yourselves repped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        I tell ya, sometime early next year, I'm buying a snow blower for myself. Chances are, however, that once I buy one, it'll never snow this bad again, but fuck it, I'll do it anyway for that EXACT reason!
        My stepdad just bought one before this blizzard, and said the same thing - "Now it's not gonna snow!" Too bad he was wrong!
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• I heard upstate New York really got it.

But frankly, when does upstate New York not get hit?
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• True, upstate NY and NJ always get hit hard. My former boss lives in Westchester, and if the first flake would hit the ground, he'd call in to say he was working from home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
              Pictures of the blizzard, courtesy of NY Daily News:

Holy shit that's a lot of snow.
              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Well, yes and no. When the snow plows come through, they tend to re-bury the cars on the side of the street. So you see how clear the street is - that's because the plows shoved it up against the cars. Plus, we had A LOT of wind, and that created lots of drifts. There are two cars across the street from my apartment, and they're parked about 10 feet from each other. One is totally clear (and hasn't been dug out, you can tell), and the other one is buried up to the windshield, but that's from the crazy winds.

My original game plan for the week was to go into work today and tomorrow, and then use up a couple of vacation days that I would have lost and take off Thursday and Friday before New Years. But we still have about 15 inches out there, and the trains are still screwed up on my line - plus, yesterday my office manager said for me to stay home if it still looks bad. I went onto the MTA website to check the subway situation, and it gave a rundown of certain lines that are still having problems - and one of them was mine. So I decided to stay home today, and what I'll do is go in tomorrow, and work Thursday instead of taking off.

Yesterday, when I said this wasn't even the worst blizzard we've ever had? NY1 gave a rundown of the worst blizzards in NY, and this one was around #6 on the list. I'd said that the blizzards in 1996 and 2006 were the worst, and they did rank way higher on the list.

Rob & Lesley, Matt - how are you guys doing?
                Last edited by Lisa; 12-28-2010, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• Fine. Supposed to get more snow this weekend, but not gonna bother me.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Plows FINALLY started coming through around 7 last night, as did the snow blowers for the sidewalks. Sadly, one of my neighbors decided to forego shoveling out her car, which meant our section didn't get plowed, so I might not have a place to park tonight unless I park at the church and walk home. To her credit, though, she did make a five minute attempt to clean off her car earlier. In her pajamas.

She does this shit every time, too - just waits and waits for somebody else to do her shoveling for her. Granted, if she was ill or had physical issues, I'd give her a pass, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with her apart from terminal laziness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Fine. Supposed to get more snow this weekend, but not gonna bother me.
                      My main issue is that it's impossible to see around corners when you're at an intersection now. You have to slide your car out into traffic in order to see if there's someone coming from the left. Dangerous stuff.

Also, FUCK YOU VERY MUCH ASSHOLE to the douchebag at Taco Bell yesterday. The guy had a big ass truck and drove into the parking lot at high speed, cutting across the entrance as I was trying to exit. He missed my car by INCHES. I fucking glared and swore at him and he just shrugged it off. Fuckstick.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• NASA GOES-13 USA East view December 27 2010

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                            AWESOME
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That's magnificent, Phedg! And oh so appropos!

Comment

• Damn fine work, Fej. Damn fine.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X