No announcement yet.

Weather...Fuck it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the condo association decided to ask us to move our cars and started plowing out our driveways. Cool thing is they're using a pair of John Deere 544J Wheel Loaders!

Now THAT'S proper snow removal, by Crom!

Comment

• See, I feel rooked, because I really do love big snowfalls, and we didn't get squat. I know it's gross and messy in the days after, but the day it happens, it's awesome. I mean, I have to study, and tomorrow's a huge "Law & Order" marathon, which would have been so much fun with a snowstorm! I guess it's just as well - no way would George be able to get over here if it snows hard, so I should probably not push my luck.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• The dirt job I mentioned in the Decades thread? Yeah, I got to play with one of those (childhood dream - realized).
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
          The dirt job I mentioned in the Decades thread? Yeah, I got to play with one of those (childhood dream - realized).
          First a great Billy Gibbons story, now this. OK, now I'm all jealous and stuff.

Comment

• I worked for that company for almost 6 years. It took me 4 years before I finally got the courage to ask the ops manager for a lesson in operating those loaders. He laughed and asked me why (further elaborating he said "You work in the office, you don't need to learn this."). Trying to think of a valid reason, I latched onto inventory (one of my accounting duties was a physical inventory - god almost impossible with HUGE mounds of mulch and soil). He looked me in the eye and said "You just want to play in the dirt." I sighed and said "Yep." He taught me that afternoon.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
              He looked me in the eye and said "You just want to play in the dirt." I sighed and said "Yep." He taught me that afternoon.
              I love it! I've never been a big ZZ Top fan, so I think I would have preferred to learn how to run the loader!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Up to 8 more inches coming. Of snow. Perverts.
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• We have 5 today and 2-3 more tomorrow. Fucking winter.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah this season can suck a fat cock. It is really affecting my job. And my back. Fucking shoveling. If we get as much snow as they say, I don't know if I'll be able to get my car out of my alley.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Supposed to be getting a Nor'easter Tuesday night into Wednesday, so I'm hoping that means I can work (HA!) from home Wednesday.

Shoveling snow and moving cars, while a pain, is a fair trade for me.

Comment

• another 2 hour drive to work today.

RAGE.

According to KQRS, we're supposed to get ANOTHER 14 INCHES of snow in the next 24 hours. The pisser? I pretty much HAVE to be on site in order to do the testing that I need to accomplish this week.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Reported to be 63 degrees today. This is why I pay over $1k on rent.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Ed...WHY are you here in this thread? Seriously, it's like having a blind man comment in a thread about pigments.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I don't know.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Hey, Ed's suffering, too. Poor man has to live in 63 degree weather, with all that sunshine and clear skies. I understand when the weather gets that low, he might opt not to wear shorts, and may, MAY I mind you, have to sport a light windbreaker.

Ed, let us know if you need someone to get you through this, buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X