No announcement yet.

Weather...Fuck it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They’re calling for us to get anywhere from 4 to 12 inches of snow and who knows on ice. It’s slated to hit us Monday into Tuesday. The kiddo is already off school Monday for Presidents’ Day, but I figure they’ll be closed Tuesday as well.
    Went to the store Friday and got milk and stuff to make a couple of dinners. Nathan filled gas cans and pulled out the snow blower. I think we’ll be ok, but we’ll see.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      They're now saying this storm is going to be worse than expected, and to now brace for the worst winter storm we've seen in Texas. They broadcasted "blizzard conditions" north of the Houston metro area on Sunday night through Monday. And we are supposed to get another blast of cold air Wednesday along with more precipitation, so basically all of Texas is going to be shut down for a whole week. Sarah is freaking out because "the pipes will freeze" and was worried about getting laundry done. I had to tell her baby, if the pipes freeze laundry is the least of our worries. And my aunt is telling me to fill a tub with water and get all this stuff together like it's a hurricane. I have to keep telling people I spent 5 winters in Toronto and a proper winter storm is EASY compared to a hurricane. Stay inside, stay warm, don't be fucking stupid. The biggest concern is the state announced rolling blackouts to manage the power grid Sunday through Tuesday at minimum. That's what blankets and socks are for.
      I really hope people stay home, I really don't want to have to tow in a fucking snow storm. Also if my power goes out with all three kids home I may just go crazy. OH and the kids don't even get snow days, The fucking schools are making them do work on the PC from home. They're getting way to comfortable with that shit now that the kids are back in person.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Considering we are getting rolling blackouts, I wouldn't bet on much school work happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post

OH and the kids don't even get snow days, The fucking schools are making them do work on the PC from home.
          Horse. Shit.
          Unless they’ve used so many weather days that they’re behind and they’re trying to do this to avoid going into summer break. Even then, kids and teachers both deserve an occasional snow day! Fuck that. I’d be calling the school and/or the school board and bitching.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post

Horse. Shit.
            Unless they’ve used so many weather days that they’re behind and they’re trying to do this to avoid going into summer break. Even then, kids and teachers both deserve an occasional snow day! Fuck that. I’d be calling the school and/or the school board and bitching.
            It won't make a bit difference. Several and by several I mean 22 states are already doing this. KY gave the kids a break on Friday.

But, we're coming off an ice storm that was only supposed to dump a quarter of an inch and then hit us with 2 inches of ice on every roadway.

That dethawed by Friday night and now we're getting snow fucked on top of it.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Kind of loving the rest of the country get fucked with us in regards to weather. Lesley's hair froze today after being outside for like 30 seconds to grab dog poop. SHIT IS COLD MAN.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It’s been lightly flurrying off and on all day. It looks like the meat of the storm is starting now
                Attached Files

Comment

• Best of luck to you peeps in the southern states. This is business as usual for us but yeah, it's a calamity for you guys. Stay warm and stay safe.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• We're getting an ice storm tonight into Tuesday here in Joisey. The area I live in, however, may just get a lot of rain instead.

The alleged final winter storm in this current cycle of frozen hell is scheduled to hit NJ on Thursday. Could be nothing, could be I'm told not to go to work at the base.

Comment

• We're coming out of it now. We've been sub zero for close to ten days but we're supposed to gradually rise and eventually be in the 30s this weekend. That is juuuuuuuuust fine by me.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It's like 16 degrees here which I know is like a fresh spring time day for Rob, but it's fucking cold here. Add wind chill and it's fuck you degrees right now and I'm towing idiots in this weather.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Ice storm seems to have pooped out here - so far, it's just rain. Temperature is supposed to get up to 50(!) before we go back to the low 30s Wednesday in the run up for the winter storm Thursday.

Comment

• 26 hours without power. It got to 39 degrees in the house. Water pipes are frozen. Houston area is at like 39% of the population with power. That's MILLIONS without, and statewide it's worse and worse. Power plants are coming offline and with the BAD storm coming tonight they're expecting damage to power systems. This is real bad.

Comment

• Come move to the great white north.

Also, stay safe you fuckers. Burn your saddles and cowboy hats to stay warm.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• So I'm seeing a bunch online about how Texas hates America, has their own power grid, and wants federal aid for this wacky weather.

What is the deal with that? Like, how does your state have their own power grid to get around regulations and shit and why is it failing so bad right now?

Comment

Working...
                                X