No announcement yet.

Weather...Fuck it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a grammar school directly across the street from my house, & this year they've taken to plowing the snow from the driveway & parking lot up against the concrete railing alongside the drainage culvert that runs next to my house (in lieu of a neighboring home). Not my property, but it blocks my view to the Right as I'm pulling out. This morning, in anticipation of more snow to come, I guess, they used a front end loader to dig it out & dump it in the culvert itself. Why they didn't just do that in the 1st goddam place I'll never know, but glad to be rid of it.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Heard from my boss earlier that the workplace is without power at the moment due to the weather (iced up powerlines, possible tree hitting 'em and snapping them). Probably working from home today.

Comment

• -28 when I went out to feed the horses his morning. I'm buying a ticket to Houston and going on a food truck tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
          -28 when I went out to feed the horses his morning. I'm buying a ticket to Houston and going on a food truck tour.
          It's gonna be 64 and sunny starting Saturday!

Comment

• we're now on our 37 day with sub-zero temps.

And not one Toasty! has happened yet.

I'm sad.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The sun was strong enough today that it melted all the shit off the roof, which is nice. Flurries tomorrow and Sunday, but it looks like we might get dumped on by the system that's hitting Oregon right now.

And out if curiosity, Billy, has the recent rain/snow helped the drought situation?
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
                The sun was strong enough today that it melted all the shit off the roof, which is nice. Flurries tomorrow and Sunday, but it looks like we might get dumped on by the system that's hitting Oregon right now.

And out if curiosity, Billy, has the recent rain/snow helped the drought situation?
                Central and East Texas has been out of the severe drought for about a year now. West and North Texas still have issues. It's not nearly as bad as it was, but they're not officially out of a drought yet.

Comment

• They were calling for a "Snowmaggedon" tomorrow into Sunday. That's been called off. We might just get a few flurries tomorrow.

What they're watching for next week now might hit us by Wednesday. Not sure what it's going to be, but hoping for little to no snow. I'm sick of looking at that stuff.
                  Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• My son brought home a library book yesterday (a day late because of a snow day, incidentally): "The Ice Age".

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I deem this more appropriately fits here.

Comment

• On deck for Thursday AM: Snow starting after midnight, anywhere from 2-8 inches by daybreak, followed by sleet and rain in the morning. We get a breather around lunchtime, then more sleet and rain switching over to snow by mid-late afternoon.

Hoping my boss calls me tomorrow morning telling me "fuck it, stay home." He's cool like that. Next week's supposed to be much better, but I think I can speak for my state by saying we've fucking had it already with this shit.

Comment

• My office is just as cool as I'm the only one who really has to travel to get there (the rest live in the town). If the roads are bad, stay home.
                          Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Already got the call. We're stayin' home. I'll have to work remotely, but I stayed late tonight & got maybe half the day billed already.

Comment

• Still waiting on my boss, but it's pretty obvious nobody's going anywhere today. Near whiteout conditions down here, governor declared a state of emergency, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Comment

• Be safe, guys.

We got a slight dusting of snow overnight, that's it. Pretty nice out, actually.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X