No announcement yet.

Weather...Fuck it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the Jersey Shore hasn't really been hit this badly in many, many years. Every time a hurricane comes, by the time it hits here it's down to one of three things...1. a tropical storm, 2. a tropical depression, 3. just a regular, old storm.

Okay, so the barrier islands in Ocean County flood if we get a heavy rain, but never in my over 40 years of living have I ever seen anything like this. (I know that I sound like an old coot, but it is true. I survived Hurricane Belle in the 70's).
    Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Say, has anyone seen the picture of the subway plug that NYC used? It looks like an over-sized tampon.

Comment

• I want to hear more about this Subway tampon.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          I want to hear more about this Subway tampon.

Jared covers his in Spinach, Provolone and Salami.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by JLynnCarr View Post
            Say, has anyone seen the picture of the subway plug that NYC used? It looks like an over-sized tampon.
            Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            I want to hear more about this Subway tampon.
            Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            Rimshot!

Comment

• Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Sandy didn't hurt us very badly (no fallen tree or wind damage, no flooding), but we JUST got power back (it's been out since 10/29). I was trying to be patient, considering how much worse I know others had it, but it got fuckin COLD last night. Anyway, it hasn't been bad. My office is still closed. They allowed us all to skate last week,but expect us to start working remotely this week, but ain's SHIT going on in court this week. Which is FINE by me, considering how heavy my trial calendar was getting. A 2 week break was JUST what the doctor ordered. Wife & son off fromn school/work thru at least tomorrow; they stayed at my SiL's, b/c she had power, leaving me alone at night. And we know what that means, right? Booze, cigars & 400 pages of War & Peace DEVOURED this week. My son has always wanted to see a courthouse, so I asked my wife if she'd mind bringing him to court and keeping an eye on him while I make a brief appearance tomorrow. She agreed, so I'll take them on a tour of the Hudson County Courthouse, my personal favorite in the State. AND the hurricane cancelled FEAR + FOOD outing (Terror Behind the Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary in Philly, followed by rodizio) has been rescheduled for 11/10. Once I finally get warm again now that my heat's back on, I will have nothing to complain about.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                Someone rep this man.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I did.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                    Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Sandy didn't hurt us very badly (no fallen tree or wind damage, no flooding), but we JUST got power back (it's been out since 10/29). I was trying to be patient, considering how much worse I know others had it, but it got fuckin COLD last night. Anyway, it hasn't been bad. My office is still closed. They allowed us all to skate last week,but expect us to start working remotely this week, but ain's SHIT going on in court this week. Which is FINE by me, considering how heavy my trial calendar was getting. A 2 week break was JUST what the doctor ordered. Wife & son off fromn school/work thru at least tomorrow; they stayed at my SiL's, b/c she had power, leaving me alone at night. And we know what that means, right? Booze, cigars & 400 pages of War & Peace DEVOURED this week. My son has always wanted to see a courthouse, so I asked my wife if she'd mind bringing him to court and keeping an eye on him while I make a brief appearance tomorrow. She agreed, so I'll take them on a tour of the Hudson County Courthouse, my personal favorite in the State. AND the hurricane cancelled FEAR + FOOD outing (Terror Behind the Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary in Philly, followed by rodizio) has been rescheduled for 11/10. Once I finally get warm again now that my heat's back on, I will have nothing to complain about.
                    IGGY THE BORG?! ALIVE?!!!

Glad you and the rest of the Collective are alive, dude! Gladder still that you have power and heat back (we were out for nigh on a week ourselves, so you have our sympathies, bro).

Ready for the Nor'easter today/tonight?

Comment

• I was about to ask about the nor'easter. What's the latest word on how bad it's going to be?
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Iggy liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiives

Comment

• Iggy! VERY glad to hear that you and yours are alive and well.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
                            I was about to ask about the nor'easter. What's the latest word on how bad it's going to be?
                            Glad you asked, Mrs. Bush!

Currently snowing, probably gonna get a couple of inches or so. It's cold, it's windy, it gon rain tonight. Should carry over into Thursday with more rain/snow, then we get some sunshine and warmer weather over the weekend (60s!) with a possible shower on Tuesday.

And now, here's gravedigger with Sports! Take it away, Digger!

Comment

• My fucking power's out again. Back to the SiL's for all of us. oo goddam cold even for me o stay home. I hope it's just temporary & a light goes on whle we're out to make the place look occupied since I can't be there. At least the court tour went well. . .

Comment

• Glad to see you back, Iggy. Am also glad the wife & offspring are fine.

As to the status of the Nor'easter. It is brutal out there if you are driving. It's a heavy, wet snow and the visibility sucks. It took me almost an hour to get home safely.

Still have power and heat at our residence. Hope it stays that way or I'm going right to bed and curling up under the comforter with Tim and the furballs.

Comment

Working...
                                X