No announcement yet.

Geek things you don't get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then why show that particular iconic scene? To me, it was a simple substitution (one for the other).
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
      Then why show that particular iconic scene? To me, it was a simple substitution (one for the other).

That scene was all Snyder. Very little to do with the book.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

You see why I'm conflicted about this property then, right? Ugh.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

You see why I'm conflicted about this property then, right? Ugh.

The problem was that Snyder would play it straight, then he'd do something like this.

MOORE: A man walks down the street with his dog. A top-knot gang member is on the other side of the street.

SNYDER: A man walking down the street with some shit sees Silk Spectre kick a gangster's balls off.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

lulz
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

At this point I'm going to definitely check out the GN. If only so that I can investigate (and better discuss) the anti-gay issues. I freely admit I may be wrong but it feels like it comes from the writer (Moore) but it could be the adaptation just as well.....

Comment

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
                The problem was that Snyder would play it straight, then he'd do something like this.

MOORE: A man walks down the street with his dog. A top-knot gang member is on the other side of the street.

SNYDER: A man walking down the street with some shit sees Silk Spectre kick a gangster's balls off.
                Yep.
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

At this point I'm going to definitely check out the GN. If only so that I can investigate (and better discuss) the anti-gay issues. I freely admit I may be wrong but it feels like it comes from the writer (Moore) but it could be the adaptation just as well.....

Alan Moore's got a fuckload of issues. Homophobia isn't one of them.

Comment

You got to admit (without prior knowledge of the GN) that this movie casts homosexuality in a rather dismal light.

Side note. Something not explained well in the film (or at all really). Other than Dr. Manhattan, do any of the supers have actual powers? Ozy - smartest man on the earth also gives him super speed/reflexes? Kept taking me out of the movie.

Comment

No, they're all normal human beings except for Dr. M. Look at them like you would look at Batman.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

See that takes me even more out of the film. Their reflexes and strength appeared augmented. Martial arts training can only take you so far. Silk Spectre didn't even have armour for her uniform.

Comment

Silk Spectre didn't even have armour for her uniform.
                          As a heterosexual male, I applaud this choice.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

See that takes me even more out of the film. Their reflexes and strength appeared augmented. Martial arts training can only take you so far. Silk Spectre didn't even have armour for her uniform.
                            Bugged me a bit too. Had to ask someone who'd read the GN what the deal was in re: powers/no powers(you're fuckin out, I'm fuckin' in).
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

That's the thing though. With no powers (or tech) they shouldn't have been able to do the things they did.....hence the taking me out of the film. Stretches credibility. At least with Rorchach, they showed bruises/injuries. Nothing with Silk or Nite Owl.

Comment

I think that their abilities were amped up in an effort to add more action to the film. It's long as it is, and the action helps to give it some needed oomph every once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X