X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, it's NYC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
      WHAT THE FUCK. PEOPLE RECOMMEND THIS SHIT? ARE YOU SERIOUS. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.
      I wish I was kidding.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      Dude, it's NYC.
      THIS. Let me tell you how totally invisible I am to salespeople since I've gained weight. Even when I was a size 6 (which is actually a bit too thin for me. I'm happiest at a size 8 - I still look good, and I get to eat normally), I got a bit of the nose in the air when I'd walk into a store, while the salespeople fell over themselves for the girls who were a size 2. All this was going on while the clothing industry was busy creating the new "size 0", for girls who wouldn't buy something if there was a "2" on the tag. But now that I'm a size 10? I don't even get greeted when I walk into a store. "May I help you find anything, m'aam?" is something I haven't heard in a clothing store in at least six years. Don't think that there aren't girls all over this city who are doing crazy shit like that to drop some weight.

Jake, it's like that in L.A., too, isn't it? When I worked at the ad agency I was with for five years, one of our big clients was a major cosmetics company. While researching for their ads, we did a nation-wide survey for them, and it turns out that across the board, the average American woman is a size 12. Guess which two cities were the exceptions? New York and Los Angeles, where the average was a size 2. FIVE whole dress sizes between two cities and the entire rest of the country, as an average. And I'm sorry, I don't think there "just happens to be" an entire population of naturally rail-thin women only in those two cities alone by coincidence. I'd venture to guess a lot of women in both places are probably doing some really dangerous things to stay that thin.

Even if it's not outright crazy stuff, we have a lot of size 0s and 2s in my office (mostly the younger girls, who get brainwashed by this stuff - I did too, when I was there age), and you should see what these girls *don't* eat. You see them coming back at lunch with nothing more than garnish. They have these little extra small sizes of salad, and nothing more. No protein, no whole grains, no dairy or soy, nothing. It's really creepy.
      Last edited by Lisa; 05-15-2010, 05:12 AM.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Great article, Lisa, and I concur: size 2's and size 0's do nothing for me. Girls are meant to have curves, damn it! The concentration camp look is NOT sexy.

I'm getting inspired lately. Until I can get back into the gym on a regular basis, the wife and I and my mom are going to start walking after dinner to try and burn off some weight. Good cardio, plus we're going to start using our home treadmill more regularly, too. I'm gonna try and make this the Summer of Svelte.

Comment

• You go for it, boo boo! Best of luck to you and Jen and your mom! Even when I decide to treat myself, I make myself walk for it, because I love walking. So let's say that I want to get something from Sephora. Sure, there's Sephoras all over the city, and there's one right across from my office. But I make myself walk to the Sephora three subway stops away. If you go at a good brisk pace, it's not even that long to get to.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHH BITCHES
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• YAAAY JAKE!!! Good job!

I just got in some good walking exercise, and didn't eat a THING today that I shouldn't have!

Comment

• So for a while I've been hovering around 157, which has been so annoying since I've been working out and trying to eat better. Yesterday I got on the scale and was at 149! I weighed myself like 4 times to see if it was a mistake... nope! I think that what I'm doing is actually working...

Addition: I just realized what thread I posted this in.... kind of wish I posted this in the personal accomplishments instead of the "you sound fat" thread...
                Last edited by Lesley; 05-15-2010, 03:47 PM.
                If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Nonsesne! Good work, Lesley! And special kudos to Lisa and Jake "the stick"! Folks like you and your accomplishments are great motivators for the rest of us!

Well done all of you! Now, do some wind sprints!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                    So for a while I've been hovering around 157, which has been so annoying since I've been working out and trying to eat better. Yesterday I got on the scale and was at 149! I weighed myself like 4 times to see if it was a mistake... nope! I think that what I'm doing is actually working...

Addition: I just realized what thread I posted this in.... kind of wish I posted this in the personal accomplishments instead of the "you sound fat" thread...
                    That is fantastic! We must buy some shoes to celebrate

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post
                      I don't suppose I've ever been knee deep in tang, but I have been ankle deep in llama shit, so I have that going for me.
                      What does the orange-y stuff astronauts had for breakfast have to do with anything? And how the hell did you end up knee deep in it?
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Haha. Fuck that shit. IT's about choice. You choose to eat non stop shit, which in turn can destroy your health. It's not like I'm denying them healthcare because of a pre-existing wrist problem. ;p
                        What if excessive, obsessive fapping caused the pre-existing wrist problem?
                        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                          So for a while I've been hovering around 157, which has been so annoying since I've been working out and trying to eat better. Yesterday I got on the scale and was at 149! I weighed myself like 4 times to see if it was a mistake... nope! I think that what I'm doing is actually working..
                          Lesley, that's awesome! Congrats, girl!

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          And special kudos to Lisa and Jake "the stick"! Folks like you and your accomplishments are great motivators for the rest of us!
                          Oh, no, congrats to Jake, not to me. I still need to go from a 10 to an 8 - about 20 lbs. which I haven't done much about!

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              GUILE GET OUT OF MCDONALD'S WHILE YOU STILL CAN E. HONDA IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU

Also, 232lb. as of Monday. Even my 38s are starting to look baggy on me.
                              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• DAMN!
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X