Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wal-Mart: The Devil or just a fucking store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
    Consumer goods right now have sorely been affected but I believe it's because of how the economy is right now. Every manufacturer is getting nickled and dimed and we pay for it.

Hopefully, once we're truly back on track, it should get better. But, if not, does that mean you're not going to purchase the things you need/want?
    Nickel and dimed by who? I can tell you that raw material costs and freight costs have come down significantly in the past year. Yet companies are still charging more (higher gross margin=higher profit=fatter bonus for the CEO).

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
    And it's really in regards to consumable goods. You really don't see price hikes in everything else.
    We already saw the price hikes with everything else. We got used to paying more and therefore didn't/don't question why prices haven't gone down.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
    THIS. RIGHT FUCKING HERE.

Also, businesses that are doing fine right now are using the 'bad economy' as an excuse to not give out raises/merit increases. My wife got FUCKED on this with her review last week.
    VERY true. Honestly, this economic cycle isn't finished by a long shot. Some serious deflation is going to have to occur before we start seeing things get better. And yes, that will happen when people start to stop buying.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I guess it's because I don't buy anything but electronics and food that I don't see prices being hiked in anything but food.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• They even stock mold!
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So...should I stop shopping at Target? Is Wal-Mart more betterz? If you had to deal with the Wal-Marts in L.A. you wouldn't want to shop there either. But after seeing the doc on Wal-Mart, I was turned off on how they were ruining small towns...
          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Originally posted by BiG B View Post
            So...should I stop shopping at Target? Is Wal-Mart more betterz? If you had to deal with the Wal-Marts in L.A. you wouldn't want to shop there either. But after seeing the doc on Wal-Mart, I was turned off on how they were ruining small towns...
            Oh, because Target is NOTHING like Walmart. At all. Nor do they offer jobs for those small towns. Stop being an asshat. If you're worried about germs and the state of a building, just shop online. IN FACT, don't go to the hospitals, keep your kids homebound till you're dead, and never leave the house.

Comment

• I think Bryan runs a small town like SAMCRO and Wally World is pushing him out.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• And it's not like he fucking lives in a small town. He lives in fucking LA of all places. Hey, Bryan, how about instead of whining about how "horrible" Walmart pays and treats their employess, you employ them?

FFS.

Comment

• ...sigh...Whatever, my wife insists on Wal-Mart "for cheap snacks for the kids" but I just can't get behind it...Give me a good reason I shouldn't care, and I will remove them from my banned list.

Comment

...sigh...Whatever, my wife insists on Wal-Mart "for cheap snacks for the kids" but I just can't get behind it...Give me a good reason I shouldn't care, and I will remove them from my banned list.
                    Originally posted by Howard View Post
                    Their prescription drug program has been bringing down costs all over the country as companies try to match. Kind of won me over with that move.
                    One good reason.
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• I don't use too many 'scrips...I understand the point but doesn't apply to me.

Comment

• You asked for one good reason. Not for one good personal Big B reason.

You may not use many scripts now but I guarantee that someone in your immediate family will at some point.

Comment

• Bryan, how about you give us a good reason why YOU shouldn't go there. Just because you have some inane qualms with the store, doesn't mean your wife shouldn't be banned from it.

Comment

• Fuck...I had a really thoughtful response and I lost it...My reason for not liking Wal-Mart, the wages they pay their employees is not enough. I believe I read somewhere that over 30% of their employees are on some type of federal assistance. I can't possibly believe that they can not increase their workers pay/benefits and not take too much of a hit. They are raking in the dough...a few bucks here and there are meaningless to their fortunes...

Comment

I don't use too many 'scrips...I understand the point but doesn't apply to me.

They also sell video games 10 bucks cheaper than anywhere else.

Comment

Fuck...I had a really thoughtful response and I lost it...My reason for not liking Wal-Mart, the wages they pay their employees is not enough. I believe I read somewhere that over 30% of their employees are on some type of federal assistance. I can't possibly believe that they can not increase their workers pay/benefits and not take too much of a hit. They are raking in the dough...a few bucks here and there are meaningless to their fortunes...

...Did you know that every company has to abide by the wages set by the state and federal government. What you read, forgot to admit that EVERYONE that has no real experience and no higher education, still gets paid at least minimum wages. YOU FUCKING DONKEY.

Comment

Working...
                                X