Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wal-Mart: The Devil or just a fucking store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahaha. Awesome. I'll agree that unions are great at helping workers get the benefits they need but strikes just fuck everyone over.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
      Hahaha. Awesome. I'll agree that unions are great at helping workers get the benefits they need but strikes just fuck everyone over and big business only cares about the bottom line (profit).
      Fixed. Now we can all agree.
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Unions can also strangle a business to the point of bankruptcy. High wages are great, but if you're a small market employer, you shouldn't have to pay those extravagant wages if they are inappropriate for the amount of business that you take in. There's a local music theater that will probably be bankrupted because of the union wages that they have to pay their musicians.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I won't deny that unions have done bad things or make things too difficult at times but I see them as a necessary evil.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Every business, small or big, care about the bottom line. It's what helps grow the business and offer products and services at lower prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
              Every business, small or big, care about the bottom line. It's what helps grow the business and offer products and services at lower prices.
              Hitler Claus of the Tricontinent is right!

Show me another way I can purchase the good for such a bargain (without the need for insanely poorly paid labor), and I will show you the secrets of ESP.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, but the power of big business is growing (and frankly is a little scary). Case in point. When we had those sky high fuel prices? Consumer good prices went up to cover additional freight charges. Consumer good prices haven't come down when fuel went down. Big business is pocketing the extra money.

Comment

• ALSO TRUCALLING.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Consumer goods right now have sorely been affected but I believe it's because of how the economy is right now. Every manufacturer is getting nickled and dimed and we pay for it.

Hopefully, once we're truly back on track, it should get better. But, if not, does that mean you're not going to purchase the things you need/want?

Comment

• Let's just go back to blaming whitey. I know I do.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• And it's really in regards to consumable goods. You really don't see price hikes in everything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                          Yeah, but the power of big business is growing (and frankly is a little scary). Case in point. When we had those sky high fuel prices? Consumer good prices went up to cover additional freight charges. Consumer good prices haven't come down when fuel went down. Big business is pocketing the extra money.
                          THIS. RIGHT FUCKING HERE.

Also, businesses that are doing fine right now are using the 'bad economy' as an excuse to not give out raises/merit increases. My wife got FUCKED on this with her review last week.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I blame the Asians. They're obviously not working hard/fast enough in those sweat shops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              Link? or joke?

Lesley fucking loves IKEA.
                              I'll find you the link, but I remember a series of articles where IKEA's way of doing buisiness is opening a plant in a village/small town, offering high quality employment to the place, and then considerably lower the wages once they got in.

Mind you, I still buy at IKEA....
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I know IKEA fucking files their taxes as a charity.

Comment

Working...
                                X