No announcement yet.

Texas: WAY COOLER THAN MINNESOTA AND OHIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't hold it against him for being completely full of shit.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I think a great deal of people would be surprised just how the hill country in Texas looks. They think all those flat plains in the movies are really all Texas has.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah, Hill Country is absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. I miss Bandera and all that shit.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Bandera's where we did all of our hunting. Great area, miss it for sure.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• If I was filthy rich I would probably move to Boerne in a heartbeat.

Comment

• You and me both William, you and me both.

Comment

• http://www.houstonpress.com/2011-06-...broken-system/

Article about busted CPS. Expect a full report by JERRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH

Comment

• That article is absolutely infuriating.
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• DFPS and CPS as a whole are infuriating. For one they are understaffed at all levels in the rural area's, which happen to be the most active area's. They why and how of that is a whole 'nother topic.

Another big problem is that the investigator has nothing to do with a case once a child has been removed. Children who are removed are passed on to another caseworker who only has to make a MONTHLY visit. And while it sounds like an easy fix to just make them visit more, the truth is they have far to many children on their caseloads as well and at times will have to travel the better part of a whole day just to visit one of the children.

And yes you know when you sign on that travel is part of the job, problem with that is you don't get reimbursed for at least three weeks, sometimes up to two months later. Which means you're out of pocket on travel. And CPS folks in Texas just do not make enough money to make weekly visits a valid plan.

I could go on and on about what's wrong with CPS but there are also problems with how CPS is reported on. Frequently I read "Caseworker" didn't do this or that but never do they comment on whether it's an Investigative caseworker, or Placement worker, or Foster worker or Family Based Safety Services worker. That's not to say that the media is intentionally muddying the water, I think they don't know the difference because it's not like CPS is super up front about how things work.

All in all it's a shitty situation. Even the best of workers can not keep up with caseloads after a certain amount yet supervision does nothing to keep numbers down other than rush the worker to either close the case somehow or remove the child/ren. Proper investigations are not done in every case because the number of workers in certain areas just can't keep up with the workload.

Add to all of that school's and school staff who do not want to deal with unruly children and would rather CPS dig into the family to see if something is going on and you can see why the whole thing is a mess.

Sorry if all of this is a bit scatter brained but I'm typing while trying to get my kids to clean their room and get them ready for school tomorrow and fix dinner etc... If I think of more I'll post it later. Oh and ask any questions you like, I have no problem answering.

Comment

• http://www.houstonpress.com/2011-06-...inding-austin/

Been screaming this for years.

Comment

• the exact number of douchebags prowling Austin was not tracked by the census and is therefore impossible to quantify
                        I tried to.

I let the whole team down.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-08-2011, 12:37 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Haha

About Texas and pretty funny.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• HAHAHAHAHA, "that's not even my fucking birthday!!" Lulz

Comment

• Crazy that you can't use a passport as a valid id.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Since when? I've used mine as ID before.

Comment

Working...
                                X