No announcement yet.

Texas: WAY COOLER THAN MINNESOTA AND OHIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pssh. Laredo is more Mexico than Texas. Damn, that was bad.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• RACIST!
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
        Go Texas! FUCK BOOKS!
        Umm, yeah. The article puts the blame on the corporate store owners and not the peeps. So yeah, Texas isn't to blame. Derp

Originally posted by Linked Story
        Maria Soliz, Laredo Public Library director, is leading the charge to get a bookstore back. The city's library system was already planning to open two more branches over the next two years to meet demand. That's in addition to the two-story main library painted in bold, Mexican-inspired colors that serves about 400,000 visitors annually.
        "It's not reflective of the city that they're closing," Soliz said. "I know this city can support a bookstore."
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• And yet that town has a high illiteracy rate.

Nearly half of the population of Webb County, which includes Laredo, lacks basic literacy skills, according to the National Center for Education Statistics.
          Fewer than 1 in 5 city residents has a college degree. And about 30 percent of the city lives below the poverty level, according to the 2000 census.
          And the town is in Texas, so yes, Texas is to blame. The same way we have a catchall for Florida, Minnesota and Ohio.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The population is also 94% Hispanic. Hence my Mexico comment. Laredo doesn't function as a normal major US city. Really and truly is a bordertown.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Fine. 1, 2, 3, FUCK THE MEXICANS!*

*Sorry, just watched BASEketball recently. I do not have any problems with Mexicans.

Comment

• It's just a weird place. It's own little world. Yes, there may be fucked up things about Texas *looks at East Texas in particular* but Laredo has had plenty of opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  And yet that town has a high illiteracy rate.
                  And the town is in Texas, so yes, Texas is to blame. The same way we have a catchall for Florida, Minnesota and Ohio.
                  Howard summed it up. 94% mexican. And you KNOW they can't read.*

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                  It's just a weird place. It's own little world. Yes, there may be fucked up things about Texas *looks at East Texas in particular*
                  East Texas, especially near the Louisiana border is DERP territory.

*joking about Mexicans.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Stay classy Texas.

And yeah I realize this would probably happen anywhere, but it happened in Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                      Yes, there may be fucked up things about Texas *looks at East Texas in particular*
                      Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                      East Texas, especially near the Louisiana border is DERP territory.
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• That's the second story today about a kid beating/killing his parents because they made him do chores.

Lesson learned: Don't give my kids access to my guns (if I ever buy any) and always remain stronger than them.
                        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Mom should have washed the damn dishes.

Comment

• YEAH TEXAS!

Comment

• Texas is a big place with a lot of simple people. Salt of the earth.

They're idiots.

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X