No announcement yet.

Comic-Con 09'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do kind of agree with the folks who say it's kind of pointless to cover it, because the same sites are all getting the same info anyway. And the only panel I care about is the Chuck panel, but I'll get a recap of that via Sepinwall's blog. Masters of the Web would be fun if Billington were on it, and I think that with all the issues in the web/nerd/entertainment journalism industry right now, you'd be a lot better off putting those guys in a room, rather in front of a crowd. Maybe then shit'd get done.

Comment

• Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
      I do kind of agree with the folks who say it's kind of pointless to cover it, because the same sites are all getting the same info anyway. And the only panel I care about is the Chuck panel, but I'll get a recap of that via Sepinwall's blog. Masters of the Web would be fun if Billington were on it, and I think that with all the issues in the web/nerd/entertainment journalism industry right now, you'd be a lot better off putting those guys in a room, rather in front of a crowd. Maybe then shit'd get done.

If you put those guys in an enclosed room, you'd just have a pile of nerds busily trying to stuff the others' junk in their mouths.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• If Rob goes to Comic-Con, I'll be there. We'll take the place down Anchorman style. I call being Brian Fantana.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• That too. But it seems like all of the problems that Devin and Moriarty and some of the other guys bitch about (sites stealing stuff, unethical journalism, etc.) could be solved by putting people in a room and talking. I've said for a while now that film journalists for the internet need their own association or organization like TCA (and you want to talk about unethical or people asking for free shit, I got some stories), because rules and the enforcing of them is the only way shit's gonna get better.

But it's still really cutthroat, there's a wild west mentality still, and they want to have their cake and eat it too. Or to quote the philosopher Marlo Stanfield: "You want it to be one way, but it's the other way."

Or it could just be because I really, really, really, really hate Alex Billington.

Comment

• Who doesn't?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
              Who doesn't?

I don't. He's a douche, but he's a douche that's made me laugh.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• He's unethical, sloppy, uninformed, and a bad writer. It's a fucking joke he went to Cannes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
                  He's unethical, sloppy, uninformed, and a bad writer. It's a fucking joke he went to Cannes.

Don't you see the brilliance in that? That piece of shit got to go, while others didn't.

Knowing how much that pissed off other parties makes me laugh to no end.

Comment

• That is true. the sad thing is, didn't he list Hackers as one of his favorite movies? Yeah, same here. But I don't act like I know anything about movies. I just likes what I likes. Even if it's horrible to most.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That guy said Home Alone defined a generation. Sweet Jesus. Of course there's another podcast that said UP was the worst Pixar movie.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Look, I just think that Billington is bad for web journalism, which I know I shouldn't care about, but I do. I think that he's bad for film criticism, which I care very deeply about, because I went to school for it. The Cannes thing pissed me off because -- and I don't want to act like an elitist or anything -- I knew that he wouldn't appreciate it. And it pisses me off that his parents fund his site.

Comment

• All valid points.

But I'm more curious about Home Alone defining a generation. Which generation is this? And can we put them down?

Comment

• I think he's on to something with that, actually, but he's WAAAAAY the fuck off base.

We all wish we grew up in a Chicago suburbs, act like a complete shit to our parents and face no repercussions, physically and psychologically abuse people with every tool in our trade as a nine year old, and not go to juvie for any of it and instead be rewarded for being the little douchebags we were/would become.

Also, Christmas.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It all makes sense now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                                I think he's on to something with that, actually, but he's WAAAAAY the fuck off base.

We all wish we grew up in a Chicago suburbs, act like a complete shit to our parents and face no repercussions, physically and psychologically abuse people with every tool in our trade as a nine year old, and not go to juvie for any of it and instead be rewarded for being the little douchebags we were/would become.

Also, Christmas.

For a no-name tool that likes to jerk off to Culkin flicks, you guys really have a distaste for someone who never did shit to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X