Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota/Wisconsin, not as bad as Ohio but we're trying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Rausch View Post
    I hate religion.

I love beliefs.

Simple.
    I guess, but the problem is My personal beliefs necessitate that I meet with others to worship. So now you'd be ok with me believing but have a problem with me meeting to worship. Again that's your right but at what point does "religion" become this catch all phrase for bad things? I think it's slightly obtuse but I'm sure you feel the same about me going to worship.

Bottom line, beliefs and religion are not as simple as you'd like it to be. But I'll agree to disagree.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Good call B.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I do have one question? What chemicals did you guys need to hatch Brock Lesnar? No way that guy was born naturally.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It's cool man, I don't judge you or others. In my personal experience, nothing good has come from religion. Yeah we poke fun, but we poke fun at everybody. I wait until they FAIL and then I point it out.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Also, honest question: Why do you feel that your beliefs necessitate congregating with others?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I believe the bible lines out what a Christian is to do in regards to worship and how to be saved. If you don't agree with that I understand but accept the premise so I can make the point about assembly.

OK so In Hebrews 10:23-25 you have what follows.

<sup class="versenum" id="en-KJV-30157">23</sup>Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised; ) <sup class="versenum" id="en-KJV-30158">24</sup>And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
              <sup class="versenum" id="en-KJV-30159">25</sup>Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The basic gist is encourage your brother/sisters to love AND good works and to meet with them AND encourage them to meet as well.

Now granted it's a small piece of a bigger lesson but the text is there and I believe that God intended for those who worship him to meet and learn about his "word" or the Bible so that they may be better able to address sin in their own lives.

Please understand I'm not pushing this on anyone, I'm only answering what was asked. Granted it would take far more space to explain why I believe what I do, but that particular scripture is what references assembling with others. Again, not pushing it on anyone and to be honest I miss church from time to time but I've never professed to be perfect.

Sorry to get all long winded but I'd rather give to much info than too little. And as long as the conversation is treated with respect I'll gladly answer any questions that I'm equipped to. I'm not saying I'll get pissy if you make fun of something, I'm just saying don't get all buttered on me.

Comment

• My home town...

A woman holding a baby fretted that potential clients with brain damage probably led lives of daring and danger, which might return. They don't have "the fear, the healthy fear, that the rest of us have," she said.
                FUCK YOU ALZHEIMER PEOPLE I WANT MY GODDAMN LATTE

Comment

• You guys have corn silos? That would be the best popcorn maker ever. I just need to think of a way to heat it just right.

Comment

• I am embarrassed.... http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=849555.
                    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• 2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Stabbing pigs...with his PENIS. I guess he was really PORKING them! RIGHT?!

Comment

• Why is it that these types of stories always involve a Curtis, Cleetus, or a hyphenation like Jim-Bob?
                          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• THE BEES ARE ATTACKING!

Comment

• This shit again?!

And to think, LA was going to be swarmed by killer bees years ago. HA HA
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                                And to think, LA was going to be swarmed by killer bees years ago. HA HA
                                Just because their migration pattern hasn't met predictions doesn't mean they won't get there....

As someone allergic to bees, that story horrifies me. Can you imagine driving into a swarm of angry bees? *shudder*
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X