Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota/Wisconsin, not as bad as Ohio but we're trying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe like a stripping choirboy I mean because you know those types
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
      maybe like a stripping choirboy I mean because you know those types
      I sure do.

The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        Talk about an abuse of donations and power.
        This. Between the donations and the out-and-out deep pockets that some of these ignoramuses have, it was ridiculous.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• If you think religion is the only reason black men have issues with homosexuality then you're being as obtuse as the religious folks you're denigrating. Most of the black community has a skewed view of what it means to be a man for several reasons. Yes, some religious, some have to do with the amount of single mother households that have plagued black families for decades. It's socioeconomic just as much as it is religious. I get that a shit ton of the posters here are anti-religion but it's not always the ONLY reason things are the way they are.

I don't mean to rant especially because I DO know religious people who are shitty in some of the ways listed but I guess I'd like it at least acknowledged that not every religious person is a persecutor of *insert group here*

Faith in a higher being does not automatically make one a bigot or an asshole.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• What about a tigerace?
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• You might be painting with too broad a brush, I'm afraid.

Not all of us are anti-religion. Rather, I think most of us are anti- organised religion.

What you believe should be a matter between you and the god you pray to. I've never been a fan of priests, rabbis, ministers, or imams. You should not need a middleman to have to talk to God.

And since I'm among friends, I think I can safely say that yes... I do believe in God. I don't like him very much, but yes, I do believe in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                What about a tigerace?
                Really Nerdious, REALLY?

Originally posted by V View Post
                You might be painting with too broad a brush, I'm afraid.

Not all of us are anti-religion. Rather, I think most of us are anti- organised religion.

What you believe should be a matter between you and the god you pray to. I've never been a fan of priests, rabbis, ministers, or imams. You should not need a middleman to have to talk to God.

And since I'm among friends, I think I can safely say that yes... I do believe in God. I don't like him very much, but yes, I do believe in him.
                I'm sure I am painting with too broad a brush but it's not intentional. And not to get into a heavy discussion about theism but if one believes the bible(which I do but am not saying anyone else must) then you also should believe in the need to gather to hear a portion of God's word. So on some level it must be "organized." I do however get what you mean about rabbis, ministers and the like. I don't believe in any middleman either. My prayers/confessions are for God alone.

My plea here is that we keep in mind that not everyone who believes in God/a higher being is out shouting down gay marriage or gay rights.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That's true, I did fail to mention the fact there's a real hyper-machismo in minoritiy communities.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• No harm meant on your part Ed. I know that. I may have ranted a bit too hard. I just want the board to know that not everyone who believes is a bigot. Sure there's plenty of them, but hell every facet of life has 'em.

Comment

• I hate religion.

I love beliefs.

Simple.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Just a question...

Do you even have ethnic groups in Minnesota?

Aren't all of you horribly Aryan looking?

I guess 'Ripe Pablos' are out...

Maybe 'Ripe Sven' or 'Ripe Olaf'?

Comment

• We have one of the largest Hmong populations.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• And a huge Somali population for some strange reason.

But yeah B, I hear ya. I don't want to give the idea that someone is religious is one of those guys. But I can see how that can be interpreted.

Comment

• Indeed. We're a pretty sweet mix out here in good ole' Minnesota, yah ya betcha!

Comment

• Of all the places though. It's kind of like LA and armenians. Why this town? I have no fucking idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X