Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota/Wisconsin, not as bad as Ohio but we're trying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, you're absolutley right - it doesn't make sense to me either. I truly have no idea!
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Rausch View Post
      But it's an honest question. You would think that a group of people that were held down for so long wouldn't want to do the same thing to another group of people. And no I'm not comparing gay marriage to slavery.
      I've wondered this of all minorities. Houston has a big black and mexican/latin population, and the prevailing opinion of the vast majority is to not let gay people have basic rights. Boggles the fucking mind. Maybe it's the baptist/catholic upbringings.

Comment

• See, here, it's more the big white meatheads who give the gays a hard time. I don't see it that much coming from other races. Now, the other races here will bother each other, yeah - blacks don't like puerto ricans, the puerto ricans don't like blacks, etc. But no, I don't notice anyone but dyed-in-the-wool whities who specifically hassle gays in NY. There are probably exceptions that I haven't stumbled across, but that's what I've noticed in 21 years here.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          I've wondered this of all minorities. Houston has a big black and mexican/latin population, and the prevailing opinion of the vast majority is to not let gay people have basic rights. Boggles the fucking mind. Maybe it's the baptist/catholic upbringings.
          Exactly what I was thinking. And it's not just those denominations.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• It totally because of how predominantly religious they are. But, the don't hate all gay people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Rausch View Post
              Come on, your state already has Michelle Bachman. Let's have another flaming nut bag come down the pike.

In answer to your question, why do black people hate gay people? Mainly religious issues, blacks are very conservative on family issues. Also, many blacks find it offensive that gays compare their struggle for rights to that of the one in the 50s and 60s for blacks.

I can understand that argument seeing how blacks were getting lynched and terrorized on a daily basis back then. Not to excuse the killings and beatings on the gay side either. But that's part of the perspective.

Either way, I can't even fathom the pressure of having to deal with such things if you happened to be gay and black.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                In answer to your question, why do black people hate gay people? Mainly religious issues, blacks are very conservative on family issues. Also, many blacks find it offensive that gays compare their struggle for rights to that of the one in the 50s and 60s for blacks.

I can understand that argument seeing how blacks were getting lynched and terrorized on a daily basis back then. Not to excuse the killings and beatings on the gay side either. But that's part of the perspective.

Either way, I can't even fathom the pressure of having to deal with such things if you happened to be gay and black.
                I couldn't agree with this more, but I also think that the minorities = anti-gay thing is kinda conflated at times. I understand that a lot of minorities voted to support Prop 8, but I seriously wonder how much of that was rooted in actual homophobia and how much was rooted in not fully understanding what the whole Prop 8 thing was about and which side was which.

I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating: I'm totally down with the No on 8 campaign, but you know where I saw most anti-Prop 8 campaigners? The Westside. Fucking Beverly Hills. West Hollywood. Santa Monica. Places where Prop 8 already had support. If they had branched out a bit and headed out to the Inland Empire, Santa Clarita Valley, etc., I think the campaign would have been a bit more effective. I know that's all armchair quarterbacking at this point, but it just never made any sense to me for protestors of any stripe to stay in safe places. You're basically just getting confirmation without making any tangible change, and when you're running a campaign with bulletproof Christian opposition who is also doing a pretty damned good job of increasingly misguiding the voting populace with respect to whose stance is whose, you need to have every single one of your ducks in a row.

If you're wanting to show your outrage/dedication/whatever, don't go to your backyard, go get in their fucking faces. At least that's my thing.
                Last edited by Shit Dickface; 03-03-2010, 02:28 PM. Reason: asdf
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Oh I agree, in fact I said the exact same thing in the gay thread. Campaigned was totally hijacked by the fundies and the No on 8ters did jack shit to reach out.

Also, minorities tend to rely on religious institutions. That's where your ignorant information comes from.

All in all, thanks to those fucks. I was trapped in a traffic hell a couple of nights after the election. Fuck you so very much you uptight, intolerant cunts. And get some real jobs while you're at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                    If you're wanting to show your outrage/dedication/whatever, don't go to your backyard, go get in their fucking faces. At least that's my thing.

:: thunderous applause ::

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                      I understand that a lot of minorities voted to support Prop 8, but I seriously wonder how much of that was rooted in actual homophobia and how much was rooted in not fully understanding what the whole Prop 8 thing was about and which side was which.
                      Someone I know voted yes on Prop 8 thought it was just to teach kids about homosexuality in school. I then told her I was facepalming myself.

Comment

• Facepalmed yourself? Damn response could have resulted in five across the eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                          Oh I agree, in fact I said the exact same thing in the gay thread. Campaigned was totally hijacked by the fundies and the No on 8ters did jack shit to reach out.

Also, minorities tend to rely on religious institutions. That's where your ignorant information comes from.

All in all, thanks to those fucks. I was trapped in a traffic hell a couple of nights after the election. Fuck you so very much you uptight, intolerant cunts. And get some real jobs while you're at it.
                          Don't forget a big "FUCK YOU" to the church of LDS.

Comment

• Talk about an abuse of donations and power. It still begs the question of where in the fuck do these people get money?

Comment

• Suckers.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                                Someone I know voted yes on Prop 8 thought it was just to teach kids about homosexuality in school. I then told her I was facepalming myself.
                                ggguuuuhhhh

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                                Talk about an abuse of donations and power. It still begs the question of where in the fuck do these people get money?
                                Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                                Suckers.
                                And this. If Benny Hinn's corrupt bible-thumping ass can manage to squeeze enough money for a PERSONAL AIRCRAFT out of his congregation, they probably made it rain on the Yes on 8 campaign like it was the first stripper in existence.
                                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Working...
                                X