POLITICAL BULLSHIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOUD NOISES
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

No shit. Ok, I'm out Jamie. You seem to think that healthcare is evil and bad for the economy, and that's fucked up and untrue, but that's how you see it.

I see it as a important and natural part of any civilized system, and since I was born with it, not fucking way would I ever let a company decide what care I need instead of my doctor. Simple as that.

Your economy could cope with it if you weren't spending trillions waging wars and maintaining your military. But it won't happen, so be it.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Once again with your shitty reading skills, Martin. Point to where I said it was evil? Bad for the economy, sure. Because I have common sense (Bad economy + adding free shit we can't pay for = Economy not getting worse?) and seeing what's going on right now. And yet again, you brought up the military spending. Not me.

We'll all believe you're done when you actually stop typing. Which you won't. And that's OK.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Sam needs swag
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Dude, you guys have been overspending in the military for decades. Cut it, and focus. If military spending is more important than the people paying for it, have fun then.

We overspent for decades, so you wouldn't be speaking Russian. I know you like to go Pro-Canada during these jaunts, but you guys would've been invaded first.

Still, the problem isn't then, it's now. The last ten years internationally, but centralized in America has been the biggest economic con job in history. Capital doesn't vanish overnight, it get redistributed and hoarded.

While everyone likes to bring up China as the central creditor, there's big leaps in logic that are being glossed over. China didn't gain the G8's debt overnight and it's not like we don't have a significant chunk of their debt. It's called mutual fiscal interdependency and it is raping the first world. Right now, Canada, Sweden and Germany are caught in bubbles where the markets around them are stressed yet they are thriving.

While that works on a short-term scale, the bubble pops. The last time circumstances like this happened wasn't ideal. Neither was the solution. However, the entire world not just America is getting into a position where the awfulness is lining up just right.

Also, Ross Perot was right about everything. It's fun to shit on the guy, but he was right.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post

I prefer Marvel vs. Washington. That's the only way I can get Shuma Gorath vs. Ron Paul.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                    We overspent for decades, so you wouldn't be speaking Russian. I know you like to go Pro-Canada during these jaunts, but you guys would've been invaded first.

Still, the problem isn't then, it's now. The last ten years internationally, but centralized in America has been the biggest economic con job in history. Capital doesn't vanish overnight, it get redistributed and hoarded.

While everyone likes to bring up China as the central creditor, there's big leaps in logic that are being glossed over. China didn't gain the G8's debt overnight and it's not like we don't have a significant chunk of their debt. It's called mutual fiscal interdependency and it is raping the first world. Right now, Canada, Sweden and Germany are caught in bubbles where the markets around them are stressed yet they are thriving.

While that works on a short-term scale, the bubble pops. The last time circumstances like this happened wasn't ideal. Neither was the solution. However, the entire world not just America is getting into a position where the awfulness is lining up just right.

Also, Ross Perot was right about everything. It's fun to shit on the guy, but he was right.
                    You're right, but it doesn't explain the disdain for healthcare, which is much more generalized than I ever expected.

Comment

Regarding over-spending: Yes, we did that in the 80s in a MAJOR way. Reagan's way to defeat the Soviet Union was to make them go bankrupt...they had to match us on our military spending. We could take it, they couldn't. It was a bloodless victory. Unfortunately, we're still paying for it today.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        You're right, but it doesn't explain the disdain for healthcare, which is much more generalized than I ever expected.

I already explained the disdain for healthcare earlier. It will eventually get phased out of the American consciousness. Sooner than later, if the economic situation holds.

It's a Hearts and Minds issue about the role of government, personal dependence and welfare.

Comment

Y'know when we'll get unanimous approval for universal healthcare here? When somebody in power figures out a way to make a decent buck off of it. Then, oh, then, children, what a glorious day that shall be.

As for our military, it's like Troy said, it gets sent to the ass ends of the planet thanks to numerous international treaties, and to secure interests not just here but amongst our allies in the West. We're the world's policeman - have been since the end of WWII, and that's not going to stop anytime soon. Plus, military tech eventually spawns lots of the same stuff most folks use nowadays. Military spending helped fund the space program, the advent of computer technology, medical research, etc. and does a shit ton more R&D than most people are aware of. Too much money to be made vs. whatever anyone can squeeze out of health care. Remember, companies like General Dynamics, Lockheed, General Electric, and so on fund a lot of senators and congressmen to push their agendas on Capitol Hill, like many other big companies do. When universal healthcare organizations and interests can promise a steady flow of money into politicians' pockets, you'll see EVERYBODY get medical care here.

Comment

A farticle.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Well Romney got destroyed last night.

Comment

In response to Romney lying about what the company was going to do, Chrysler's VP gave the entire company the day off to vote.

Niiiiiice.

Comment

Working...
                                X