No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based upon that trailer, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this story.

But to your points:
    All of those situations involve a change to the human body that cannot be defined or explained away. Therefore, they are somewhat immune from how normal physical laws are applied. Tony Stark is a normal guy. Sure, he has a reactor in his chest, but he's still physically normal. As such, normal physics apply.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Based upon that trailer, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this story.

But to your points:
      All of those situations involve a change to the human body that cannot be defined or explained away. Therefore, they are somewhat immune from how normal physical laws are applied. Tony Stark is a normal guy. Sure, he has a reactor in his chest, but he's still physically normal. As such, normal physics apply.

He's an alcoholic.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Based upon that trailer, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this story.

But to your points:
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          He's an alcoholic.

Alrighty then.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I always just chalked superhero physics up to the fact that, well, things work differently in the Marvel Universe. If a guy can get bit by a radioactive/genetically-modified spider and start walking on walls and lifting Buicks, a multi-billionaire inventive genius of a drunkard can survive a 60 MPH impact while encased in armor 50 years more advanced than anything on the planet.

Or, to put it in real world, hard science terms...

...and that's why Black Widow is good at martial arts.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
              This not getting any love is proof you guys are simply not enjoying yourselves enough.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Hey, I repped the guy for that, Ben! I'd buy him a six-pack if I could!

Comment

• Ah, it's a GIF. It didn't work on my phone last time. I see it now.

Pie to you, Josh.

Tim keeps defeating my every argument. Damn you!!!

Comment

Black Widow is semi-immortal due to partaking of the Infinity Formula (see Nick Fury, Mockingbird, etc.)

She's had the better of a century to train and learn almost piece of weaponry she can get her hands on.

Hawkeyer is a former criminal/carny who's a natural leader and a bit of a smartass. He can shoot arrows, stab things and get more poon than Iron Man. Seriously, if you're a female Avenger that was on the team for the first 25 years, chances are that Hawkeye gave you the business. Re-read those older comics, you can make a drinking game out of it.
                    Ok, so Black Widow (if they factor that in to the movie) now gets a pass. That sounds pretty neat.

But Hawkeye still sounds like a dude who is good at archery,
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The kids have had enough of Matt's shit. Lulz. Also kudos to Tim for trying to right the ship that is Matt's nerd bomb.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

He's an alcoholic.
                        Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                        Tony Stark's bones have been strengthened by years of sex with hot women and gallons of alcohol. PROBLEM ANSWERED.

BOOM.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                          Ok, so Black Widow (if they factor that in to the movie) now gets a pass. That sounds pretty neat.

But Hawkeye still sounds like a dude who is good at archery,
                          Going by what you're saying, Rambo ain't shit either.

Rambo ain't shit?

FUCK YOUR COUCH SOFA KING HARD, SON.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                            Going by what you're saying, Rambo ain't shit either.

Rambo ain't shit?

FUCK YOUR COUCH SOFA KING HARD, SON.
                            Flawed logic is flawed.

Comment

• You and Matt should elope.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I conceded on my annoyance with Black Widow, but if the only thing Hawkeye is good at is archery and sexing then who cares? The idea that BW is immortal and spent her time learning all kinds of weapons/fighting styles is cool as fuck. The idea that Nick Fury would be all like "HEY YOU GUY AT THE REN FAIRE WHO IS GOOD AT THE BOW AND ARROWS YOU SHOULD BECOME A SUPERHERO." seems lame still.

Comment

Working...
                                X