Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Did they firm up a director for it yet?

Johnston still has first crack. It's his to pass on.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I thought he had passed on it. Frankly, I hope he sticks with Cap as I really think he completely nailed the first film.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I thought he had passed on it. Frankly, I hope he sticks with Cap as I really think he completely nailed the first film.
        Thank Christ.

As a kinda late-realisation Johnston fan, I was beginning to think I was the sole Cappy supporter that saw the perfect match of director and material.

I never thought I would say this, but Cappy is quickly becoming one of my favourite Marvel films. If the Big M chose to bring JJ back for a second go-round, I'd consider that awesome.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

I thought he had passed on it. Frankly, I hope he sticks with Cap as I really think he completely nailed the first film.

He could still pass. If he asks for more money, Marvel will help him to pass.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Something about Cap doesn't work for me but I'll be damned if I can put my finger on it. I still prefer Thor/Incredible Hulk to Cap.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• File it under diff strokes/folks. It's the only explanation.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I think it's just 20 mins too long possibly. I always tend to drift off near the end.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I love any thing war, especially WWII so Cap 1 was right down my alley. Kind of wish we could have seen more of his secret involvement in other real word special ops.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                    I love any thing war, especially WWII so Cap 1 was right down my alley. Kind of wish we could have seen more of his secret involvement in other real word special ops.
                    Agreed entirely. Here's hoping that sequels will further explore his WWII operations.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                      I think it's just 20 mins too long possibly. I always tend to drift off near the end.
                      I could see that being an issue. It is a bit on the long side.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      Agreed entirely. Here's hoping that sequels will further explore his WWII operations.
                      I'd like to see more of that but I'm betting the sequel is all modern day. Maybe we'll get some flashback stuff but I wouldn't hold breath.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I dug Cap a ton, especially considering I don't care for the character at all. I do remember it could have used a little bit of trimming, but I haven't seen it since theaters. I should use my Amazon credit to finally grab the BD.

Comment

• It's a beautiful blu ray, for what it's worth.

While I agree that it's a tad long, I kinda wish that they had kept on the extended version of the ending dialog between Cap and Fury. That felt rushed in the theatrical version and the extended version felt more true to character.

Comment

• The scene at the fair looks incredible on blu.

I saw a trailer for 'Avengers Assemble' (seriously, that's what they're calling it over here, so as not to have it confused with the 60s TV show/Ralph Fiennes-Uma Thurman movie) I hadn't seen before in front of Hunger Games. There wasn't really any new footage (a brief shot of the Hulk I don't think I'd seen and a little more Iron Man action), but it felt moodier and really emphasised the epic. I honestly can't see it not delivering big time.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tbRs3EZmi9c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• It's like the only shot of Hawkeye doing anything remotely cool has been shown every time. What a dick.

Comment

Working...
                                X