No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There simply isn't enough rep in the world for Tim.

Regardless, my point is made. I'm done and I'll walk away. I'll also be there for THE AVENGERS on opening night.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'll be there as well, bro. I'll bring a huge pic of Ginger to help you out in case you get too... distracted.

Matt: "Oh, c'mon already! Iron Man's spine should've snapped when Hulk caught him! I mean, if you apply physics..."

Me: (holds up following pic)

Matt: "Oh. Never mind." (goes back to watching the film, big smile on his face)

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        There simply isn't enough rep in the world for Tim.

Regardless, my point is made. I'm done and I'll walk away. I'll also be there for THE AVENGERS on opening night.
        Yeah, that's it, your point was made.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Word to your mother.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Well, I'll say this, at least we're not arguing over Scarjo's pistol.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Rob took the lead on the pistol/bow and arrow thing. I agree with him in principle.

Comment

• Does somebody really want to talk superhero physical dynamics?
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Rob took the lead on the pistol/bow and arrow thing. I agree with him in principle.

Seriously though, does Hawkeye/Black Widow have any special "powers" besides being good at archery and good at karate?
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                    Does somebody really want to talk superhero physical dynamics?
                    If you insist, sure.

All kidding aside, I stand by my assertion that the way to make the fantastical seem real and believable is to have the real world elements behave correctly. It applies known values to something that is unknown and thereby gives the audience a reasonable expectation of how things should interact.

I'm NOT saying that things need to be hyper real like in the Batman films. I'm just saying that human beings should not be able to withstand and walk away from Mega damage, especially when it has been shown that they are normal human beings when stripped of all of their hero garb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                      Seriously though, does Hawkeye/Black Widow have any special "powers" besides being good at archery and good at karate?

Black Widow is semi-immortal due to partaking of the Infinity Formula (see Nick Fury, Mockingbird, etc.)

She's had the better of a century to train and learn almost piece of weaponry she can get her hands on.

Hawkeyer is a former criminal/carny who's a natural leader and a bit of a smartass. He can shoot arrows, stab things and get more poon than Iron Man. Seriously, if you're a female Avenger that was on the team for the first 25 years, chances are that Hawkeye gave you the business. Re-read those older comics, you can make a drinking game out of it.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Did not know that about Black Widow. If they factor that within the film, then yeah...I'm pretty much fine with that.

Comment

If you insist, sure.

All kidding aside, I stand by my assertion that the way to make the fantastical seem real and believable is to have the real world elements behave correctly. It applies known values to something that is unknown and thereby gives the audience a reasonable expectation of how things should interact.

I'm NOT saying that things need to be hyper real like in the Batman films. I'm just saying that human beings should not be able to withstand and walk away from Mega damage, especially when it has been shown that they are normal human beings when stripped of all of their hero garb.

Well, Stark has upgraded the Iron Man no less than 34 times since its inception. While it can take many blows, he still breaks up most of the hits he takes due to the fact that he has a mini-reactor in his chest.

Recent armors have used nano-tech and actually had reinforcements placed throughout his skin, spine and neuro system.

Comment

Did not know that about Black Widow. If they factor that within the film, then yeah...I'm pretty much fine with that.
                            They have to at some point if the Nick Fury movie involves Dum Dum Dugan and Fury kickin' A together as Neal McDounough seems to suggest it will. Likewise, Fury's relationship with Papa Stark.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• That's all well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that the body cannot withstand the punishment that the armor goes through.

In the first film, he is flying along at what, 60 MPH, and gets a direct hit from a missile. It stops him dead in the air and forces him to fall to the ground, causing a crater upon impact. There's simply no way that his body could withstand that kind of force and collision trauma. Again, I'm fine with the armor protecting him from lacerations and punctures, but simply can't protect him from the kinetic energy of the impacts and sudden decreases of speed.

Comment

That's all well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that the body cannot withstand the punishment that the armor goes through.

In the first film, he is flying along at what, 60 MPH, and gets a direct hit from a missile. It stops him dead in the air and forces him to fall to the ground, causing a crater upon impact. There's simply no way that his body could withstand that kind of force and collision trauma. Again, I'm fine with the armor protecting him from lacerations and punctures, but simply can't protect him from the kinetic energy of the impacts and sudden decreases of speed.

A man caught in a gamma bomb blast also doesn't turn into a green beast based on repressed childhood rage.

World War II Veterans don't get injected with steroids and frozen for decades.

Norse Gods don't exist.

Canadians don't have metal claws.

If you get bit by a radioactive spider, you get cancer and die.

Just try to enjoy a fucking story.

Comment

Working...
                                X