• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      Spoiler: this guy 
    Thank fuck.

Comment

• Nice.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

•   Spoiler: That 
        I thought it was Shuri aka the crazy actress. Character they chose is fine, even if the dude is a nobody.

Also, wasn’t that character a future vilain? Ape-man or some shit? .
        Last edited by Martin; 07-26-2022, 08:57 PM.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Spoiler: That 
          I thought it was Shuri aka the crazy actress. Character they chose is fine, even if the dude is a nobody.

Also, wasn’t that character a future vilain? Ape-man or some shit? .
            Spoiler: Even more spoilers 

Shuri and the Dora Milaje are filling in as Panther standbys for most of the movie but failing to function in the same sort of role.

M'Baku is the Man Ape in the comics, but Kevin Feige doesn't feel comfortable making a Black Actor into MAN-APE in 2022. So, a crazy as fuck Shuri actress later and he's the new Black Panther.

He's the Panther for maybe the last 20 minutes of the film.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Makes sense.

Comment

• Feige's not wrong with that feeling.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• yep, good call on Feige there.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Checked out Thor: Love and Thunder since it hit Disney last night. Dug it over all but jfc did we need a whole album of GnR's greatest hits? ONE MAYBE TWO is okay. So many GnR songs lol. The humor worked for me, the creature designs in the beginning with the Guardians were fucking AMAZING and I'm still sad we didn't get more with them. Crowe's accent was ridiculous but that whole scene in that city was great. Portman was good, the goats were MVP, and the battle on the planet in black and white was neato.

I can see why people have issues with it as it does lean wayyyyyyy more (and sometimes too much) in to zany Thor but I had a great time with it. I will always pine for Tessa Thompson. Gotdamn. Smoking. Also, Bale was fucking GREAT but I still want the MCU to introduce an actual bad guy who is bad. FULL ON BAD. Not sad. BAD. NO REDEMPTION.

Gimme a sadistic Dr. Doom or some shit. I'll even take a Galactus.

Also, LOL to who shows up in the end credits. Not sure if I'll be able to take that actor seriously in a larger role after loving him in
                    Spoiler: spoilers 
                  Ted Lasso

Comment

• Yeah, the excessive GnR took me out of it, too. I enjoyed it. I think Ragnarok is my favorite by a long shot, but I still had fun with this one. I love Russel Crowe, could take or leave Bale. Honestly thought the Guardians were in it just the right amount, I love Karen Gillan’s lines. Will I watch it again? Sure. Is it in my top five MCU movies? No.
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I still have a soft spot for the more romantic Branagh initial film where Thor wasn't a complete dumbass himbo. The Doyle score also fit so well. I think Taika is absolutely horrible at being sincere.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-09-2022, 12:28 PM. Reason: DOYLE. NOT REYNOLDS. Different Patrick.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I rather like the first THOR as well.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Hell yeah brother
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• First Thor is good stuff. A bit slow at times, but good.

Tonight I think the kids will wanna watch that, or Cobra Kai.

But this week I get to pick the movie. Different Crowe. Gladiator it will be.

Comment

First Thor is good stuff. A bit slow at times, but good.

Strength and Honor.

Comment

First Thor is good stuff. A bit slow at times, but good.

Master and Commander.

Goddammit I want a 4k version of that movie. GIMME A 4K VERSION OF THAT MOVIE.

Also count me in the camp of digging the first Thor...except for those goddamn eyebrows. Honestly, I want Taiki or Gunn to lean into the wierd alien shit in some movie going forward. Those fucking Owl Alien Bikers that looked like they stepped out of Labyrinth were awesome. That whole sequence was fucking great. Also, the sequence with the kids at the end was fucking AWESOME. Man, I'd be so hyped if I was a 10 year old watching that sequence. That was fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X