Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
    I haven’t watched it because I’m in Marvel burnout. I want to see Thor, but otherwise as far as I’m concerned, everything else can fuck off. Too many shows. Too many characters that are fine as tertiary people in ensembles, but don’t need their own GD movie or spinoff.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Indeed, we were going to skip MS MARVEL until we heard good word of mouth on it and gave it a try. It's really quite excellent.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Been saying Ms. Marvel is great since day one. But hey, I'm not on Twitter or writing reviews just posting about it in the marvel show thread. The big reveal this week was pretty fun.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        If they don't praise it out the gate (or follow whatever narrative they go with), Disney will severe all access. Not even kidding.
        Who gives a shit? That's the whole problem. The era of the actual movie nerd review shit has been dead for over a decade.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• They changed Thor 4's script ending because Portman wouldn't sign on for it.

Spoiler: Spoilers for the next few weeks 

Thor 4's original final final scene was Heimdall welcoming Jane Foster into Valhalla. That ain't it anymore.

Roy Kent or whomever from Ted Lasso is in the movie as Hercules. People kept mistaking him for Jason Sudekiis for some reason. Which is going to be weird because it means Crowe is in MCU and SpiderVerse simultaneously for the next several years.

Chapek and Disney stakeholders at exec level are having Feige's ass over the recent bombs and non starters. The Comic Con return is part of the orders to Feige among others. Black Panther 2 will be focus of the SDCC presentation, as that start dropping other shit up to D23 and beyond.

Fantastic Four starts shooting in England before the year is out. They're going to use the Volume and stages set up for Kenobi and other projects to get the first leg of their shoot done.

I'm fully expecting a complete F4 and Doom cast announcement before Summer is over.

Blonde chick from Ted Lasso also joined MCU, she's main antagonist in Agatha Harkness show.

Ewan McGregor also signed up for a rather lengthy deal with Feige and MCU. He is the first of several to be announced. I'm fully expecting SDCC to clarify his role.

Knull and the Necrosword lore couldn't be used for Gorr, because SONY deal expired while shooting and legally it's considered part of Venom as much as it is Cosmic Marvel. New deal will allow it to be used both sides moving forward.

Secret Invasion and The Marvels are undergoing lengthy reshoots as part of Chapek orders to have more action events rather than what Phase 4 has been so far. Basic plots on both projects remain the same. Can spoil those in other window if needed.

The other dimensions in Doc Strange 2 are getting revisited sooner than later. Krasinski and his family being brought back as a Reed and a version of the Richards family. Chapek killed idea for having a Franklin and Valeria show to appeal to Plus watching kids. Says it would dilute what is coming.

They're still trying to ADR some parts of Namor and the Atlanteans making First Contact in BP2. Because their origins pretty much play like this, Atlantis was in the Gulf of Mexico, they met mainland Belize/south Mexico people first and then fucked the shit out of them. So, Namor and people like him are Hispanic looking while others aren't. They're trying to clear up some audio via narration about it, because the production sensitivity coordinator (real job, I know) thinks this could be a PR nightmare.

If things hold in the long term, we're getting Annihilus, his Wave and the Negative Zone. But, it's going to be more like Featured Uruk Hai and his army rather than an individual identity.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• What are considered to be the 'recent bombs and non-starters?' ETERNALS underperformed for sure but what else?
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Man, Black Panther 2 is going to be a fucking train wreck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                What are considered to be the 'recent bombs and non-starters?' ETERNALS underperformed for sure but what else?
                Eternals, Ms. Marvel and the vast majority of the Plus slate, literally anything that isn't Shang Chi or Spidey: No Way Home.

And out of those two, they only count Shang Chi, since they didn't have to share that money.

BP2 is all over the place, so they gave it so many big pieces to set it up as a way to attract eyeballs to it. Still, I can see Coogler peacing the fuck out of the MCU after this. Literally everything in the world that could go wrong, went wrong.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Interesting. I thought that most of the D+ shows were doing well.
                  Also, DOCTOR STRANGE 2 is going to top out at around 950 million. That's pretty great, all things considered.
                  BLACK WIDOW, I would not blame Feige for that. It sounds to me like Marvel simply botched the whole distribution model for that. I'm not sure how much say Feige had in that.
                  ETERNALS? Well yeah...that's a complete botch. I don't hate the film but it's definitely down there with THOR 2 in the quality department. You're not always going to hit a grand slam and I'm sure that there are plenty of lessons learned from what happened there.

As to BP2, that was fucked once Boseman died. I'm not sure what they could have done apart from recast with Idris Elba.

Comment

Interesting. I thought that most of the D+ shows were doing well.
                    Also, DOCTOR STRANGE 2 is going to top out at around 950 million. That's pretty great, all things considered.
                    BLACK WIDOW, I would not blame Feige for that. It sounds to me like Marvel simply botched the whole distribution model for that. I'm not sure how much say Feige had in that.
                    ETERNALS? Well yeah...that's a complete botch. I don't hate the film but it's definitely down there with THOR 2 in the quality department. You're not always going to hit a grand slam and I'm sure that there are plenty of lessons learned from what happened there.

As to BP2, that was fucked once Boseman died. I'm not sure what they could have done apart from recast with Idris Elba.
                    The Doc 2 numbers are sincerely fudged. I don't expect to hear a word about what they qualify it as until August at earliest. If we're lucky, maybe by SDCC.

Great optics, Yes. Did it do what Disney wanted or needed it to do? No idea yet. But, it seems to be getting pulled into Disney's whole push of GIVE US A FUCKING EVENT FILM ALREADY, KEVIN.

Comment

• Well, it feels like THOR 4 may deliver on that 'fucking event film'. Anecdotal evidence for sure, but I know a lot people who don't give a shit about Doctor Strange who can't effing wait for Thor. If that delivers (and I think it will, for the most part), then that will be the big hit that Disney is looking for. I'm sure we'll get an announcement for THOR 5 quickly afterwards as I understand that THOR 4 really sets up a sequel in a major way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        They changed Thor 4's script ending because Portman wouldn't sign on for it.

[SPOILER=Spoilers for the next few weeks]

Basic plots on both projects remain the same. Can spoil those in other window if needed.

SPOILER]
                        Ohhh, please do!

Comment

Well, it feels like THOR 4 may deliver on that 'fucking event film'. Anecdotal evidence for sure, but I know a lot people who don't give a shit about Doctor Strange who can't effing wait for Thor. If that delivers (and I think it will, for the most part), then that will be the big hit that Disney is looking for. I'm sure we'll get an announcement for THOR 5 quickly afterwards as I understand that THOR 4 really sets up a sequel in a major way.
                          Thor 4 ends on a
                            Spoiler: Not a shock if you read Thor comics from the 70s 
                          we gonna be fucking around with more than Asgardian Gods for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post

Ohhh, please do!
                            As always, shit is in motion, but the closer we get to release date...the more the gaps close.

Spoiler: Secret Invasion and The Marvels spoilers 

Secret Invasion will be a two season series that will be done after that.

The big reveal is that the Secret Invasion isn't Skrulls, but the Kree. They didn't take the defeat in Captain Marvel so well, so they've been infiltrating the Earth for 30 years.

Emilia Clarke is Veranke (Skrull version of Princess Di/Chosen One/Dalai Lama) and she's been led to believe from birth that she's human. The real Nick Fury has to save her, but to the main world he's dead. Clarke is a grad student in London who is working to her Doctorate during the Blip when she gets attacked, Fury saves her and the stress of the event leads her to freak out as she shifts into her normal Skrull form.

Olivia Colman (I think, it's an older British lady) is the Skrull representative on Earth who is trying to coordinate everything. Fury is in the mix now, as Talos and his wife got dusted while pretending to be Fury and Hill at end of Infinity War).

So, Fury has to get Veranke away from the police, Interpol and SHIELD because they're all infiltrated. During his time since Winter Soldier, he discovered that shit was a lot worse than Hydra. In fact, many Kree killed key Hydra members and raised the stakes. They've been mixing Tesserract tech with Kree tech and other things they stole. Including a unique item called Terrigen Mist. For 30 years, the Kree have been experimenting on SHIELD prisoners, recruits and anyone in between to build an army to kill Captain Marvel, kill the Skrull future leader child and conquer the Earth and what's left of the Skrulls.

Fury has saved the handful of SHIELD friendlies that survived the Mist and began training them as his own Avengers team called The Secret Warriors (Draft 1) Caterpillar Squad (Draft 2), not sure what name is sticking.

So, it's everything from SHIELD accountants to former agents, convicts, pickpockets, children, etc that now have super powers become of the Terrigen Mist and Fury inducts them to work as Veranke's bodyguards until they can get off world.

A lot of the series is flashbacks to see how it happened. That's when we find out a lot of dead Kree are still alive and are being coordinate by real Kree/SHIELD psych head Dr. Karla Sofen wielding something called The Moonstone. End of Season 1.

The Marvels

The Marvels is everything has gone to Hell in space since Thanos died. The Kree Empire is fighting everyone near their borders, the Galaxy wants to whack them all, but nobody can seem to stop them.

What's left of the Nova Corps deputizes Captain Marvel who leans on Monica Rambeau and Kamala Khan for backup. The Novas, the Marvels, John C Reilly and other aliens work together to fight back the Kree until Carol Danvers gets kidnapped.

She meets the true face of the Supreme Intelligence who seems to be work with Karla Sofen as her chosen Captain Marvel replacement. Sofen discovered this weird alien artifact called The Moonstone and shows what it can do. Basically, he reworks DNA and can bring back the dead, injured, whatever and terms them into savage angry hordes.

What doesn't get the Moonstone, gets the Terrigen Mist to become superhuman draftees for the Kree Military. They are taking aliens in the Post Blip because the Mists killed too many humans in the Earth trials.

Carol gets sent to be executed by the new military horde, when we find Jude Law will be her executor. He parades her in front of the Terrigen prisoners where we see the Inhuman Royal Family among the imprisoned.

She spazzes out with girl power, kills Jude Law and frees the Inhumans. We get to see the proper MCU Black Bolt among others free the other aliens and shit goes wild on Hala.

But, Rambeau and Khan are trying to help on other side of planet, get caught and Dr. Sofen doses Kamala with the terrigen mist expecting it will kill her.
                            It doesn't and she gets new powers closer to her comic self.

Kamala embiggens and wilds out with the other prisoners, as Sofen gives the termination order to kill the Supreme Intelligence. Supreme Intelligence freaks and tries to self destruct the planet. She appears to Carol as Annette Bening again to get her to take pity on itself, but fails. Carol stops Hala from being destroyed, but Supreme Intelligence dies.

More Nova have died, more alien worlds are hurt and now know one knows what to do with the freed Inhuman POWs.

Final scenes are a Nova helmet from a dead soldier flying to Earth to welcome a kid into the Nova Corps.

Other major scene is revealing that the realm that the Moonstones are drawing their power "The Cancerverse" is really a name for the dead parts of the Quantum Realm also known as the Negative Zone. Final shot seems to be Annihilus and his wave of alien bug soldiers awaiting to attack.

Comment

• That’s cool.

also, Brett Goldstein?‽!!?

woooooooo
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Re: the spoilers - Not gonna lie, I'm getting a warm, tnigly feeling in my nether regions, Troy.

Comment

Working...
                                X