Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUT BUT BUT "'NUFF SAID!" /s
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hey Troy! What's the buzz on THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER?
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• OK, this trailer here sold me on the whole thing:

There are some moments in there that probably should have been saved for the film, though. You'll know what I mean when you see 'em.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Was already sold, can't wait until this is on Disney+/digital
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Finally saw Doctor Strange 2 and then went back and read people's supposed spoilers and this is why I don't read them. Half were nonsense, half were not.

non spoiler thoughts - It was fun if not sometimes very cheap looking in terms of effects. The Raimi flourishes were neat but there wasn't enough of them. Loved the music fight. Dug the zombie Strange (not a spoiler, in all the trailers) makeup and use. Wanda was the best part and I wish we had another show/season of Wandavision. A certain captain needs to stop being pushed back into projects. Seeing him in his Gran Turino cosplay was sad and embarrassing as much as I loved the yellow chair. It was fun enough but no where near as entertaining as No Way Home was imo. He's a better side character more than a main one. Also, good on Bruce Campbell for allowing Raimi to continue to torture him.

All that nonsense about that certain person shooting that certain cameo sure was a miss. Complete fucking miss. Nerds be nerdin'.

All of this to say:
              Spoiler: spoilers 
            Captain Carter was the best fucking thing in the movie, and crazy how I liked Captain Marvel when it wasn't Brie Larson. Jim as Reed was fun if worthless overall. Needed more Captain Carter dammit. Black Bolt was kind of great. The Illuminati was fun but this movie was just a half story filled with a bunch of little neat things

Was hoping for more multi verse shit to be honest but that's just my own issue based on all of the "spoilers" that were floating around. The mini scene of them flying through the different ones was totally neat, but wished we got like 2-3 minutes in a few more of those.

Overall I just want a fucking X-Men flick at this point and this should have just been a Wanda flick with Strange in it.

Comment

• I gotta download this tonight and finally watch it.

Comment

• Word on THOR 4 is pretty good. If you sift through all of the BEST MARVEL FILM EVER nonsense reactions out there, you'll see some criticisms shining through.
                - Supposed to be very funny. The screaming goats are apparently great, for instance.
                - Feels very rushed like a lot was cut.
                - Feels like a middle chapter of a trilogy, apparently sets up a 5th film in a major way.
                - 2 post credit scenes.
                - Not quite up there with RAGNAROK but very good.
                - Supposed to have some pretty serious emotional beats.
                - Christian Bale is in full scenery chewing mode. Think Danny DeVito in BATMAN RETURNS, I guess.

Comment

• I was reading the twitter roundup from the screenings and jesus christ, modern film critics were all hatched from the same bland unoriginal eggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    I gotta download this tonight and finally watch it.
                    It is on disney plus

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      I was reading the twitter roundup from the screenings and jesus christ, modern film critics were all hatched from the same bland unoriginal eggs.
                      They're all garbage and none of them have anything worth to say. But, fuck all if they don't think they're God's gift to the printed word. In a just world, they'd struggle as Baristas.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Reviews are worthless like half of the time for me now. It's all masturbatory and the need to be the "I SAW IT FIRST AND I AM BETTER" which just causes a fucking echo chamber. Like, I don't give any shits about test screenings and early word of mouth. If it's a movie I want to see and then some dorks say it sucks, I'm still gonna see it. Will it suck? Who knows,? I won't until I see it and maybe they're right OR maybe they're wrong? Case in point (for me not for everyone) Venom and the first Halloween sequel. Both came out around the same time. Nerds were shitting all over Venom and sucking off Halloween. I saw both in the theater in the same week and Venom was fucking great and Halloween left me fucking cold. Had I just listened to reviews, I never would have checked out Venom and in my 20s I probably would have went along with the group think that the Halloween sequel was GREAT! (it's not.) Again, just personal takes on my end. Like everyone is sucking off RRR right now. Troy is the only one I've seen shitting on it. Does that mean that it doesn't suck? Does that mean that it does? Who knows? I have to find 3+ hours to watch it to find out.

Comment

• If they don't praise it out the gate (or follow whatever narrative they go with), Disney will severe all access. Not even kidding.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Apparently Ms. Marvel is good.

It's also a giant flop on Disney+. The Mouse is chugging out too much product for people to be able to keep up with.
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• MS MARVEL is effing great. It's easily the best of the D+ Marvel shows by a big, big leap...just fun and engaging with a great cast.
                              Didn't know it was a flop. That's a shame as it's really a very fresh and entertaining show.

Comment

• I haven’t watched it because I’m in Marvel burnout. I want to see Thor, but otherwise as far as I’m concerned, everything else can fuck off. Too many shows. Too many characters that are fine as tertiary people in ensembles, but don’t need their own GD movie or spinoff.
                                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Working...
                                X