Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    Alright I’m back fellas. Gonna need at least one of those bread bowl soups or I walk on this Guardians movie and swipe all of Poulter’s growth hormone on my way out.
    Film started early, but they're finishing up the last bit of casting. You too can be painted gold and get a Half Sandwich/Soup combo.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Shang Chi. This was fun. Awkwafina was the MVP which is a weird thing to type out. The action was good, those fights were fun, and I really enjoyed the mystical stuff. Question about that post credit scene though
        Spoiler: spoilers 
      when does this movie take place? I mean, Bruce has figured out how to be Bruce again and looks old as fuck, Carol's hair is much longer and looks old as fuck, and where was Strange during all of this?
      Also, what was the deal with Wong and The Abomination? Friends? Did they go back to the Raft?

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• From what I understand (and Troy will correct me where I'm wrong):
        - This is post everything that has preceeded it theatrically. Banner has figured out how to get back to his normal 'human' form. His arm damage is permanent.
        - Banner, Wong, and The Abomination are all there to set up SHE HULK.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I know it's post everything,
          but just how post everything? Mark Ruffalo looked fucking old as balls in that scene. It was jarring. Assuming this may be after Wanda/Loki/DS2/Spidey3?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• buttt I really want to know the dynamic between Wong/Abomination. Because after their fight
            they were laughing or talking or whatever and then it looked like Wong was taking him back to The Raft? It was such a quick shot but confused the shit out of me
            I know he's showing up in She-Hulk but I'm more interested in what was happening in this.

Comment

• I'm sure that'll be explored.

I'm just glad that Wong is breaking out as a full-fledged character. Benedict Wong is too fun of an actor to keep relegated to background work, so I'm really glad that he's being utilized across multiple platforms.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                From what I understand (and Troy will correct me where I'm wrong):
                - This is post everything that has preceeded it theatrically. Banner has figured out how to get back to his normal 'human' form. His arm damage is permanent.
                - Banner, Wong, and The Abomination are all there to set up SHE HULK.
                  Spoiler: Spoilers for context 

The post Endgame timeline is fucked, but here's what I have without breaking out my notes.

Black Widow
                Infinity War -- Ant- Man and Wasp
                Endgame
                WandaVision
                Spider-Man: Far from Home
                Falcon and Winter Soldier
                Hawkeye
                Shang-Chi
                Eternals
                Spider-Man: No Way Home
                Doc Strange 2
                She-Hulk
                Armor Wars / West Coast Avengers
                Echo
                BP 2 / Okoye
                The Marvels
                Thunderbolts
                Ant-Man 3

She-Hulk is the start of exploring the Hulk family and how Banner doesn't understand everything about Gamma energy, that feeds into World War Hulk.

The Avengers for months following Endgame are more of Avengers affiliated experts trying to run a global monitoring system

They had to redo Banner's stuff here multiple times to match what She-Hulk is tackling. The Cap Marvel thing is a continuity error that gets explained in The Marvels now.

Strange is monitoring the Multiverse breaks and trying to repair what he can. By Spidey 3, he's aware that something happened in Loki, but he's not sure what. So he casts the spell and Peter fucks with things. But, it's the equivalent of kids playing with matches without realizing the floor is made of gasoline.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I’m watch Shang Chi this weekend.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I’m watch Shang Chi this weekend.
                      it's good!

Comment

• so is Zendaya gonna pull a Gwen Stacy here? OR what if Spider-Gwen shows up and saves Zendya. OR what if Andrew Garfield's Spidey saves her?

Also, this is funny. I wonder what or who could be hitting him here?

Spoilers I guess?
                        https://twitter.com/i/status/1460792608305913857

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          so is Zendaya gonna pull a Gwen Stacy here? OR what if Spider-Gwen shows up and saves Zendya. OR what if Andrew Garfield's Spidey saves her?

Also, this is funny. I wonder what or who could be hitting him here?

Spoilers I guess?
                          https://twitter.com/i/status/1460792608305913857
                            Spoiler: I feel like I've been talking about this fucking movie for a decade. 

Garfield is the only one scrubbed out of the trailer. He punches Lizard and he is the one that saves Zendaya on the Statue of Liberty.

Maguire comes in during that scene, but most of his stuff is with Osborn and Doc Ock.

Comment

•   Spoiler: spoilers 
                            Oooooh. I'm gooood.

Comment

• Digging it. Glad to see that Doctor Strange is apparently a major player in the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Spoiler: Spoilers for context 

The post Endgame timeline is fucked, but here's what I have without breaking out my notes.

Black Widow
                                Infinity War -- Ant- Man and Wasp
                                Endgame
                                WandaVision
                                Spider-Man: Far from Home
                                Falcon and Winter Soldier
                                Hawkeye
                                Shang-Chi
                                Eternals
                                Spider-Man: No Way Home
                                Doc Strange 2
                                She-Hulk
                                Armor Wars / West Coast Avengers
                                Echo
                                BP 2 / Okoye
                                The Marvels
                                Thunderbolts
                                Ant-Man 3

She-Hulk is the start of exploring the Hulk family and how Banner doesn't understand everything about Gamma energy, that feeds into World War Hulk.

The Avengers for months following Endgame are more of Avengers affiliated experts trying to run a global monitoring system

They had to redo Banner's stuff here multiple times to match what She-Hulk is tackling. The Cap Marvel thing is a continuity error that gets explained in The Marvels now.

Strange is monitoring the Multiverse breaks and trying to repair what he can. By Spidey 3, he's aware that something happened in Loki, but he's not sure what. So he casts the spell and Peter fucks with things. But, it's the equivalent of kids playing with matches without realizing the floor is made of gasoline.

Spoiler: Having just watched something 

It's Christmas 2024 in Hawkeye.

Comment

Working...
                                X