No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The modern hero is still served well in some narratives and is forgotten in others, and sadly I see corners being cut more often with minority characters than the traditional archetypical hero.

And it sucks for those people who want to root for those minority heroes and all they’re truly given are scraps and shallow efforts by people who should damn well know their craft better.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      I mean, I guess good for Gunn. But Guardians 2 sucked ass hard..
      Yeppppppp.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• GOTG2 didn't suck (in my opinion), but it bit off more than it could chew and was a tad 'too much'. I appreciated its ambition and scope but honestly, one of the things that was great on the first one was how lean and mean it was. There was zero fat to it.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Vol. II was infinitely better.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            Disney rehires Gunn for Guardians Vol. III, swearing they made a bad call. When in reality, there was (in all probability) a legal loophole they missed.
            I can't imagine any legal loophole that Disney would contract for when Gunn signed his agreement that Disney couldn't just cut a check for. And that would've already been sorted out months ago.

This is the result of other creators not wanting to get in bed with Disney.
            Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• I don't care about the Guardians any more. The second movie was bad. It is down with the lesser Marvel flicks in my rankings. I do hope that Gunn does actually do Suicide Squad though.

I kind of wanted to see what Taika was going to bring to the table after how fun Ragnarock was. Oh well.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• He'd already said he wasn't going to do Guardians because that was Gunn's thing. That might've been when Disney started seeing the light on Mr. Gunn.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                  He'd already said he wasn't going to do Guardians because that was Gunn's thing. That might've been when Disney started seeing the light on Mr. Gunn.

Slightly. Disney was going to give GOTG V3 to Travis Knight before the lawsuit threat and eventual settlement.

Honestly, I'd still like to see Gunn fuck them over and walk. A lot of the upcoming production slate got fucked over this, but it's Alan Horn's fault.

They better cross their fingers and dicks, then hope that Eternals makes a mint.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Ari and I had a fun conversation about the future of the MCU on the podcast we recorded last night.

One of the ideas was that we hope they take their fucking time with the X-Men and in our perfect world they would do a "First Class" thing with them (all original members: Cyclops, Hank as non blue Beast, Jean Gray, Bobby Drake, etc..) as teenagers learning their powers via a tv show on Disney + for at least a season before going all out with a movie. Also, NO FUCKING WOLVERINE.

Comment

• I like your idea for a TV show. X-Men would be a much better TV show than movie, given how Soap Opera-y it was back when Claremont was writing it.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Ari and I had a fun conversation about the future of the MCU on the podcast we recorded last night.

One of the ideas was that we hope they take their fucking time with the X-Men and in our perfect world they would do a "First Class" thing with them (all original members: Cyclops, Hank as non blue Beast, Jean Gray, Bobby Drake, etc..) as teenagers learning their powers via a tv show on Disney + for at least a season before going all out with a movie. Also, NO FUCKING WOLVERINE.
                        Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                        I like your idea for a TV show. X-Men would be a much better TV show than movie, given how Soap Opera-y it was back when Claremont was writing it.
                        An emphatic "YES" to all of this! The original team never gets the love they're due, and I, too, am sick of Wolverine. Shit, I got bored of him after Claremont and Byrne finished their run, and Marvel started cramming him into damn near everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          An emphatic "YES" to all of this! The original team never gets the love they're due, and I, too, am sick of Wolverine. Shit, I got bored of him after Claremont and Byrne finished their run, and Marvel started cramming him into damn near everything.
                          Yes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KCSNFZKbhZE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• hype hype hype

Comment

• Hype indeed. I'm gonna try and make that the last piece of advertising that I watch.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X