No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "angry white men" is real, no doubt. But its amplified as fuck depending on the situation like The Last Jedi which we saw with a packed audience opening day in the state capital... and they hated it. But to hear from online circles, it was only white men who hated it. Stop.

We didn't see this situation with Wonder Woman or The Force Awakens because the studios sold their product well and knew they delivered the goods. Ghostbusters 2016, on the other hand...

Ana adores the MCU and devours any big studio blockbuster because she didn't grow up with them (in the Soviet Union) like we did. And even she has little desire to see Captain Marvel. I personally think it looks fine. Basically like most other MCU films. Enjoyable enough in the moment, doesn't stick to you and you've forgotten it within a day or so.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• the problem is that mostly white men are the ones running to the net to bitch when they do hate shit. Again, you can't turn a blind eye to that shit. Yes studios may amplify that shit to justify why their cynical rehash didn't do well (GB16) but it's legit out there and it makes it less fun for those of us that just enjoy the imagination and fun of silly superhero, fantasy, sci-fi movies.

The problem is when people who haven't seen the movie RUSH to defend it from the AWM's (GB16) and then look like dicks because they died on a hill that was DOA. Or when people such as myself who are HUGE fans of the original movie don't fall in love with a shitty trailer and synopsis and are branded part of the problem. Like, fuck you internet fucks. Just because I'm not jumping for joy that they gender swapped a movie doesnt' mean I hate women. It means what has been shown or what I've seen doesnt' look good. And guess what? GB16 came out and was a piece of shit. Shocker.

It's funny you mention WW because of all the nonsense that circles around the AWM nonsense. that was one movie that deserved to be fucking panned because it was just not a good movie.

I liken CM to be like Doctor Strange. I'll see it once, and will enjoy the character when they show up in ensemble pieces. Again, I just want ENDGAME. Fuck everything else for now. That's their biggest problem I think.

But I still totally agree with RT and their removal of that pointless shit. It should have happened long ago.

In fact, I'm done with the whole movie review system as a fucking whole. I don't care about percentages or stars or what not. Just tell me if it's good and why or if it's bad and why. And if I trust your judgement, that's good enough for me.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's just that every single Goddamn MCU film gets praised to the highest of Heavens as "the greatest thing ever" and/or "the best one yet!"

Even fucking Thor: The Dark World got glowing reactions. I just find it telling that Captain Marvel's reactions have been quiet so far.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          In fact, I'm done with the whole movie review system as a fucking whole. I don't care about percentages or stars or what not. Just tell me if it's good and why or if it's bad and why. And if I trust your judgement, that's good enough for me.
          I'm shocked that it took you this long, I've tuned out all this shit for ages. Then again, I also don't care for reading the scripts, or on-set pieces, or any of the pre-release spoilers that float around on here, or seeing interviews with the cast, or reading anything related to AWMs or SJWs or any of that acronym'd bullshit about whatever new political/gender/race thing we're outraged about or praising the bravery of..

Society is fucking lame and I only care about my own opinions and a select group of others (ya'll fall in there) but I just don't have a single fuck to give about the public or the industry politics related to any of this anymore. This is also why I dropped off the face of CHUD and any other movie sites except this one which is more a small group of (mostly) liked minded individuals shooting the shit. I can handle that. I just want to watch movies and love or hate them for my own reasons. This also applies to the video game industry a lot lately. Stop trying to ruin my hobbies!
          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• I use RT simply as a one stop shop for my reviews. I can go there and follow the links to read a couple or reviewers who I trust and get an idea as to whether or not the film is good. Fresh or Rotten ratings seem to be too arbitrary, and a lot of the Rotten reviews read pretty fresh (and vice versa).
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I saw it last night. Decent enough. They tried to do a different spin on the origin film and it didn't necessarily work. The non plot stuff was pretty good though.

My biggest concern going in was Larson and I think she did pretty well. That said, as a whole, this feels more like a Phase 1 product than a late Phase 3.
              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Bland as hell, no oomph. Incompetent direction.

Troy, your spoiler filled rundown of the film was totally off.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Where would you put it in ranking of the MCU?
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Bottom 5 of all of the MCU films. This is watchable in the same way that THOR: THE DARK WORLD is watchable, although T:TDW is a much better directed movie.

The script sucks and the directions is absolutely lifeless. Things just happen without any real engagement. Scenes that are supposed to generate laughs just hang there, for the most part. The action is poorly staged and filmed. Brie Larson...man, I'm just not sure. She's not BAD per se, but she feels totally miscast nonetheless. Maybe a better director, like the Russos, could make her work in the character. Regardless, there's no oomph, no basic degree of competency on display at all in terms of flow, tonal control, or basic storytelling.

Time will not be kind to this film. In a few years, I would not be surprised to see this one fighting it out with IRON MAN 2 for worst film.

Comment

• Ouchhhhh. IM2 at least has Justin Hammer. Anyone like that in CM?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Ouchhhhh. IM2 at least has Justin Hammer. Anyone like that in CM?
                        Yeah, the leader of the Skrulls.
                        Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          Bland as hell, no oomph. Incompetent direction.

Troy, your spoiler filled rundown of the film was totally off.

My spoiler filled rundown from weeks ago was of the early script, 'yo. It's amazing what happens from the start to finish. I'm still trying to get over the Skrull change among others.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• But, since I have a moment of relaxation between my next 900 things. I'll say this.

Jamie's right, Rob's right and even Russ's right.

Captain Marvel is a film about a character that Marvel still can't figure out other than who they want to market it to on any platform.

Carol Danvers is purposefully left a void so that the needy masses that have to have something to measure against can project what they want on it.

The Angry White Man shit is real, but so is the Allied Cuck, the Crying Sympathizers and all of the variating tribes that spread across the spectrum.

Just as there are people that will go on RT (let that site die already) to bash something early, there are people that see any news and begin campaigns of having something to champion.

These are the same people, different sides of the coin. Captain Marvel is the most prequel prequel that ever prequel'd and it negated a ton of its impact by arriving before Endgame.

That being said, I still have shitheels trying to convince me that Ghostbusters 2016 was anything but a waste of time and that reviewers get paid off by Marvel.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Captain Marvel was fine. Music choices were SO ON THE NOSE. She went Super Saiyan, which was awesome (even if the CG was wonky). More skrulls and cats please, even though I'm allergic to cats. Not sure if I'm allergic to skrulls. I miss the 90s, but fuck you, Blockbuster. Alamo Video forever!
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• gotdamn that movie made some bank this weekend.

I hope to check it out this week if I get a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X