No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, this is incredibly kid friendly. Dudes get beat the fuck up, but they see worse at any gas station in Baytown.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Yeah, this is incredibly kid friendly. Dudes get beat the fuck up, but they see worse at any gas station in Baytown.
      Pretty much, yeah. Lulz I mentioned language because I figured Thor wouldn't have blood and guts as it IS a Marvel movie. Plus they've seen Iron Man and I've heard it compared to that so I figured it wasn't to gory or anything. I just don't want them phantom F bombed on a PG 13 flick.

I can handle my kids slipping a damn or hell here and there because we've all done it but my 5 year old even utters the word fuck and the wife will kill me.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I think the most violent bit is when the Destroyer armor comes to town and Thor gets all up in its grill.

Before then, there are a few frost giants who get wrecked by some Asgardians, but that's about as gratuitous as it gets.

No nightmares depicting face-meltings or arks opened here.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Thx guys!!
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• So yeah, B, the next movie for your kids should DEFINITELY be Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Russ will not have to eat his hat. This movie rocks.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• very kid friendly...even more than the Iron Man films, in my opinion.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Best moment:
                  'Is there a Renaissance Faire in town???'
                  'Yeah, we've got Xena, Jackie Chan, and Robin Hood...'
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I also like the diner scene. I'LL HAVE ANOTHER!

Comment

• Seriously, this move was fucking awesome. I always thought Thor was a stupid comic (same with Superman cause who cares about a God that can do anything?) but the first 30 mins sold me HOARD on this. CAnnot wait to see it again. And I thank god we saw it in 2d. I couldn't imagine watching the first 30 in 3d. It was dark and alot of shit was happening. Also, the 3d shows were packed but our 2d show wasn't. However we had a lot of comic nerds in there that laughed in the right places and were pumped.

Also, dug that final shot after the credits. Good stuff.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• YEaaaaaaahhhhhhboyeeeeee
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Thor is such a hard sell and Marvel did it. Now, I have to wait and see what they'll do with Dr. Strange.

I like that they've approach Brian K. Vaughn about working something up for it. By the way, that's a news leak/rumor/sniglet.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Dug the Hawkeye cameo as well.

Comment

• Just got back from watching Thor, and damn if Marvel didn't do it again. LOVED IT. Even the Earth scenes flowed pretty nicely, but, man, when they got to Asgard stuff? WOW. Brannagh was in his element directing this bad boy, and it looks like he was having a hell of a lot of fun doing so.

Only quibble I had was Loki's motivation for doing what he did - remember when bad guys were just BORN bad? No father-issues, no touchy-feely stuff to explain why a bad guy was a bad guy. Just the guy was born a prick. That's what Loki needed, to be more like his comic counterpart. The brotherly jealousy was there and done perfectly, but Loki needed to be more of an asshole by nature (terrific work by Hiddleston, though. Really pushed the right buttons). Otherwise, hey, stellar performances by everyone involved. The Portman delivered, Dennings needed more screen time, Warriors Three were great (Volstagg needs more sammiches, and more scenery chewing!), Hemsworth dominated every scene he was in, and Hopkins was great as Odin (really, really wished that Brian Blessed was cast instead, but still a damn good job).

Now, bring on Cap!

Comment

• Poor guy. He's evil and shit. And he also suffers from a urinary infection from the looks of it.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X