Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just like fucking with Rob on the heels of RDR2 being announced. :-D
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and I'd kind of want to see Marvel do a couple of films based on the old monster comics they did way back when. Shit like Fin Fang Foom, Ozamm, It the Living Colossus, etc. - stuff that appeared in Strange Tales and the like.

Could be done as an anthology, maybe as a season long arc on Agents of SHIELD or as a Netflix series.

Comment

• Word is apparently good on DOCTOR STRANGE.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Word is apparently good on DOCTOR STRANGE.
          That's great, it LOOKS fucking fantastic so I have high hopes for it.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Sweet. I'm highly intrigued by it.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I've been into the concept of comic book magic since Neil Gaiman's "Books of Magic" came out. Developed a new respect for characters like Constantine, Dr. Fate, and Dr. Strange. I was looking forward to this one for that reason. The visually stunning trailers are just that much more reason to be psyched. Plus, CumberStrange.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• But I still puzzled as to why an ancient Asian mystic master had to be turned into Tilda Swinton.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                  But I still puzzled as to why an ancient Asian mystic master had to be turned into Tilda Swinton.

Well, China.

But, in regards to the origins...it doesn't really matter. The Ancient One has slipped past what we consider mortal. The comics brought it up a lot before he died. Human concerns stopped mattering to him/it. That's why it wanted a new Sorcerer Supreme to defend our dimension.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Saw Dr. Strange yesterday with my son. I loved this. It was well crafted, with a good amount of action and backstory, and remained faithful to the source material. Which means the visuals were trippy as hell. I'd like to think Ditko would be proud, Any word on his reaction? Anyway, I think it ranks up there with Marvel's best. Swinton, despite my misgivings, turned in a fine performance. As did Cumberbatch. The trailer hints very strongly he'll be back soon in a film not his own, which is awesome. And it looked great in 3D. Can't wait for the 3D blu ray.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                      Saw Dr. Strange yesterday with my son. I loved this. It was well crafted, with a good amount of action and backstory, and remained faithful to the source material. Which means the visuals were trippy as hell. I'd like to think Ditko would be proud, Any word on his reaction? Anyway, I think it ranks up there with Marvel's best. Swinton, despite my misgivings, turned in a fine performance. As did Cumberbatch. The trailer hints very strongly he'll be back soon in a film not his own, which is awesome. And it looked great in 3D. Can't wait for the 3D blu ray.

I don't think Ditko would've cared. Honestly, he'd think everyone was weird for being hung up on something he did in the early 60s.

I've heard from NYC based guys that he's really perplexed by people's fascination with Squirrel Girl (one of his last creations).
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Remember when people were like ERMAGHERD RACIMS when Michael Clarke Duncan was cast as kingpin and goofballs bitched that he wasn't white?

Yeah, now it's "Y U NO AZN MARVELZ??!?!?"

Same shit, stupid bitching about nothing of consequence.

Comment

• Ok, enough goofing on Rob. Dr. Strange! This is the kick-off of Phase 3 correct? I like where it's going. I could Google it,sure, but let's talk about it- we now have four of the five infinity stones in play, yeah? The one from Loki's staff/tesseract, the gem from GOTG, the one in Vision's head, and the eye of Agamotto? Guesses on the fifth? I'm guessing it's
                            Spoiler: WAR 
                          in the possession of Adam Warlock?

I am getting pumped for Infinity War already.

Comment

• This is the Avengers thread, the Dr. Strange thread is down a couple.

Comment

• I thought Hemdell was in possession of the last stone? That's how he can see all in the universe or some shit?
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Oh, maybe. I don't remember the first Thor that well and have completely forgot The Dark World. Maybe it was covered there.

Comment

Working...
                                X