Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES PLZ

I really liked the brief Spidey moments in CIVIL WAR so I'm very excited for this one.

Comment

• Cool, but not a fan of all that extraneous black shit on the costume.

And that "Homecoming" title.... yeesh.

Still, I'm there opening night, 'cause Spider-Man, and Tom Holland did quite the spiffy acting job in Civil War.

Comment

• The black doesn't bother me. I'm wondering if maybe it's more of Stark's improvements or something since his shooters are black?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The whole suit is Stark made, which kind of guts me, since Parker's supposed to be a Stark-level whiz kid and whipped up his suit and web shooters himself. Still, I'll get used to it eventually.

Comment

• but he did make a suit and shit, at least that's what they said in Civil War. This just saves us the whole "look at shit shitty suit for 90% of the movie until the end when he gets an upgrade" thing
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              The whole suit is Stark made, which kind of guts me, since Parker's supposed to be a Stark-level whiz kid and whipped up his suit and web shooters himself. Still, I'll get used to it eventually.

I get it and it also impacts the short-sighted nature of the MCU.

Parker is easily on Stark's level, but in terms of age...he's got awhile to grow into it.

We see the same with Amadeus Cho in the comics and I can't wait to see how they handle him onscreen.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                but he did make a suit and shit, at least that's what they said in Civil War. This just saves us the whole "look at shit shitty suit for 90% of the movie until the end when he gets an upgrade" thing
                Oh, I remember his first suit when he was talking to Stark - it's supposed to be shitty. But even in the comics, he wound up screen printing the costume onto some durable leotards, which is something anybody can do with the right equipment and know-how.

The new outfit IS slick, but I'm not 100% onboard with Stark basically being his benefactor/surrogate "Q".

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                I get it and it also impacts the short-sighted nature of the MCU.

Parker is easily on Stark's level, but in terms of age...he's got awhile to grow into it.

We see the same with Amadeus Cho in the comics and I can't wait to see how they handle him onscreen.
                This. Parker, like Stark before him, is a prodigy. It's just that he's street level, lower middle class vs. Stark and all his monies and toys. The suit should reflect that. Even if they dropped the high tech-lines and black crap, the rest of the suit would still rock like a mofo.

Also, I hope he eventually gets web-pits. Always loved the web-pits.

Comment

• Did anyone see who was cast as the new Mary Jane Watson for "Spiderman: Homecoming"?

It's Disney Channel star, Zendaya. She's in the show "K.C. Undercover". I realize she's around the right age for the new Spiderman, but I think a lot of people will be upset that she's not the traditional redhead.
                  Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Originally posted by JLynnCarr View Post
                    Did anyone see who was cast as the new Mary Jane Watson for "Spiderman: Homecoming"?

It's Disney Channel star, Zendaya. She's in the show "K.C. Undercover". I realize she's around the right age for the new Spiderman, but I think a lot of people will be upset that she's not the traditional redhead.

She's talented and could make it work. It's just all of the smug assholes that think a simple movie casting justifies their endless social claptrap online.

With how many changes that the flick has gone through, who knows what will happen next? Especially since there are six villains in it or maybe seven. Lots of worldbuilding going down.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Oh God. Could this be their first misstep?

Comment

• That reeks of ASM2 which I still dig but it was too bloated

Comment

• I'm thinking there's some misinformation being spread around, just to throw people off, so the element of surprise is there when the film comes out.

As for Zendaya playing MJ, and as a fan of MJ over Gwen, I'm kind of not hating this casting choice. I can kind of see some classic MJ in some of the pics of her online, and even some of her past hairstyles give her an almost Romita look from the comics. True, there are other actresses I likely would've gone with first, but this lady has me intrigued.

Comment

• Anything to make this Spider-Man stand out, because we've seen enough of him on the big screen. Make it all the way different. Was always into the idea of Donald Glover as Parker.

Comment

• I don't know who Zendaya is but she's cute so whatever. I just really want the movie to be good because I love Spider-Man. We haven't had a great Spider-Man movie since SPIDER-MAN 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                                I'm thinking there's some misinformation being spread around, just to throw people off, so the element of surprise is there when the film comes out.

As for Zendaya playing MJ, and as a fan of MJ over Gwen, I'm kind of not hating this casting choice. I can kind of see some classic MJ in some of the pics of her online, and even some of her past hairstyles give her an almost Romita look from the comics. True, there are other actresses I likely would've gone with first, but this lady has me intrigued.

The misinfo was out for awhile. The recent casting announcements have come from outright leaks.

Hence, finding out that Bokeem Woodbine is playing the Shocker. Piper's brother from OITNB is the Tinkerer and Zendaya is MJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X