Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garfield was great as Spidey. Da fuq?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
      Ari, my wife said you can eat all of the dicks for seeing this early by the way. Don't worry though, I put her on mowing the yard STAT
      Good man. That shit ain't gonna mow itself.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Garfield was great as Spidey. Da fuq?
        Aaaaah nope. And I'm not a Tobey fan, but no.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The movies he was in werent' great (but I still dig em) but I thought he was much better than Maguire as both Parker and Spidey. Especially as Spidey.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            The movies he was in werent' great (but I still dig em) but I thought he was much better than Maguire as both Parker and Spidey. Especially as Spidey.

I loved Spider-Man 2, but it was a Superman flick in Spidey DLC skin.

This is the first Spidey that feels like the Spidey of Lee/Ditko, the Spidey of Bendis/Bagley or even feels like someone read the source material and realized that the character is meant to be YOUNG at the start.

Raimi had a vision and that was to Dick Donner the fuck out of his Spidey movies until SONY rammed heads with him on 3.

The later ASM movies were Spidey by committee and even that was poorly realized as Laura Ziskin dropped dead in the middle of making them.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I will say this though. Stark and Spidey is arguably the closest we'll get to a proper Batman and Robin dynamic.

I may find the kid overpraised but I would definitely love to see Iron Man & Spider-Man instead of Homecoming.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                Good man. That shit ain't gonna mow itself.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It's dumb when simple internet wandering ends up spoiling what would have been a neat reveal. It won't affect my enjoyment when I finally get to see the movie but surprises are fun.

Comment

• Didn't love it. I think overall I am understanding that Marvel "team-up" movies don't work that well. Just too many masters to serve, and not enough time with any character to make me care. And oh boy, ANOTHER villain we spend almost zero time with that we don't give a shit about. Hey guys, if you're going to spend 3-6 movies with heroes maybe let some villains develop over time so they actually seem like viable bad guys? I am preemptively getting upset over Mads being wasted in Strange.

That said, there were great moments. Spidey is awesome. Panther is awesome. Cap was kind of a whiny baby, and never made a good argument for his stance.

Comment

• I thought Sebastian Stan did a good job with the little he was given to do. He only had a few lines, but he made 'em count.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I loved Civil War.

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                        I thought Sebastian Stan did a good job with the little he was given to do. He only had a few lines, but he made 'em count.
                        Yeah, he did.

Spoiler: Spoiler 
                        Wish Zemo had a bit more to do, but I liked him as the villain. Glad he wasn't killed off. I'd like to see more with him.
                        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I heard someone say the Zemo plotline was superfluous. I disagree. I thought it rather clever (if a little unbelievable with the shrink angle; I mean, how could that have slipped by?). It tied Black Panther into things nicely, if nothing else. And provided yet one more - possibly unnecessary, I'll grant - reason for the Cap/IM split, along personal rather than ideological lines. Could they have gotten away without it? Probably. But it nails the coffin in a manner non-nerds may have needed. Disdain for that kind of filmmaking aside, if the non-nerds stop shelling out the dough to see these movies, they may not get made. It's a necessary evil. They might not have bought the whole hero split all the way without it.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• seeing it tonight!!!

Comment

• Seeing it Friday night!

Comment

• FUCKING AMAZING

It's my 3rd favorite Marvel for me so far. Behind Winter Soldier and Guardians.

It's everything Ultron was trying to be. The whole meta story is now paying off big time. An it's STILL a Captain America movie, and a damn great one too. Downey Jr is solid, Evans is too, and Bucky, despite limited lines, does the job well. And it's not a cameo fest for the sake of it: it makes sense and it pays off. T

he final fight, I loved as it's gritty But that fucking airport fight is exactly what I imagined what superpowered human beings fighting each other would end up being. AMAZING.

And Spiderman? Look, I wasn't a huge Spidey fan before, but we now have THE Peter Parker. He's perfect. He IS Spiderman.

Black Panther was surprisingly great. Great intro that fitted very well into the meta story. And he's cool.

Speaking of cool, I was wondering how Ant-Man would fit. Well he does. He holds up with the rest of the gang, easily.

So yeah, fucking cool. Even the villain was.

Comment

Working...
                                X