Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    Ok. Can someone please explain this to me??? I did not understand that film. Not being a dick here. I just want to know what I'm missing.
    No dicketry detected.

Could you clarify what you need explained?
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I thought it was aiming for some metaphor that escaped me. Why was Sam Elliot so pissed at Banner? There are underlying themes or points that I can detect but I don't know what they are or are trying to say.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Well, as far as the themes of the film are concerned, it is about fathers and sons, the nature/nurture argument and the sins of the father being passed on.

Why Sam Elliot had a murderboner for Banner is because he saw the monster Bruce's father was, and feared the same nature was passed on to Bruce (seeing that the trauma of seeing what he saw as a baby would one day surface and it would change him...which it did).

Let me know if this raises more questions than answers, I will gladly submit my dissertation for review.
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-19-2011, 12:58 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Sam Elliot's Ross was the guy who shut down Bruce's dad's (Nolte) experiments, and Bruce looked to be repeating the same project. Plus, he was macking on Ross' daughter, Betty. Least that's what I pulled out of it - would've preferred they stuck to the comic where Ross thought banner was a wuss and not man enough for his daughter.

Or what McMeatbag said. That works too.

Comment

• Ok, what exactly did he see as a baby? I was never clear on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
              Ok, what exactly did he see as a baby? I was never clear on that.
              His father murdered his mother.

Or at least it was heavily implied as such. Lee went for it, but I assume was told to tone it down for the summer audiences.
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-19-2011, 01:07 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                His father murdered his mother.

Or at least it was heavily implied as such. Lee went for it, but I assume was told to tone it down for the summer audiences.
                See thats what I mean. They go into a room. There is screaming. Then big bada boom and fade out.

Comment

• Well, the implication of that fade is that it represents the schism made by the trauma Banner subsequently witnessed. It was too terrible for him to recall lucidly, and probably too violent to show in any real detail. Lee left it open to the audience to interpret the psychological horrors unaccounted for.

It's the moment where the Hulk begins and Bruce ends, really.

I admire the fact Lee really tried to pin down the psychology of the character, even if it wasn't what was expected of a summer tentpole film.
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-19-2011, 01:17 PM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

• Thor is fucking amazing. You remember how Pixar flicks took that next leap forward after Brad Bird did The Incredibles?

This is a similar moment for Marvel Films.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• FUCK YES! Awesome to hear.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'm a huge Thor fan and Branagh has made the character more approachable than anyone in history. JMS and Simonson came super close, but Branagh's Thor is the first time that someone actually made the character work in the modern era.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Good enough that a non fan would dig it? I mean I'm a fan but I'm curious.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              Good enough that a non fan would dig it? I mean I'm a fan but I'm curious.

I can see it doing really well with women. Really well.

Captain America is going to be all swinging dicks, so this is Marvel's best shot at crossover.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                                I'm a huge Thor fan and Branagh has made the character more approachable than anyone in history. JMS and Simonson came super close, but Branagh's Thor is the first time that someone actually made the character work in the modern era.
                                Fucking wow

Sold now
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X