No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear, hear! Also looking forward to Black Panther, Cap 3, and Captain Marvel. And I'm intrigued by the Inhumans, but I think if anything can tip their hands it'd be that.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Only thing I'm burned out on is nerd burnout. Clamor for years for good super hero shit, get said good super hero shit, "SOOOO OVER IT MAN"
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I don't think it's the nerds getting burnt out so much as the general public. And that's what I'm afraid of. As a good friend once said of these comic book adaptation movies: the studios already have OUR money. (meaning the die hard geeks) We'll go see the shit regardless. It's the general movie going public they've got to get their hooks into. THAT'S where the real money is for them, because they outnumber us by a vast margin. If THEY get burnt out. . . could be the end of the road.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• until these things stop making billions of dollars, they aren't going anywhere. we'd need a string of Batman and Robin type flicks before that happens I would think.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Do you think they're capable of that? With Disney at the helm, I for one don't think so. Disney rarely misses the mark. I doubt very much they'd let a brand that can make them this much money get sullied by a string of bad films. I think they'd strangle a poor project in its crib and start over before they'd let that happen. And they have the cash to do it.

Comment

• that's what I'm saying. I don't see John Q. Public getting burned out because of the fact it's Disney and they haven't released a shit film in the series yet (IM2 is not a shit film,but it's not great in the scheme of the other flicks). The only thing I can see happening is that they get lazy and instead of developing new flicks with new characters, they'll re-cast the main ones and we'll keep getting more of the same. But even that won't stop most people from seeing them. Shit, I'll always see a superhero flick in the theater just because it's an experience.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The only people I see bitching are the nerds. Maybe I just have to many nerdy friends.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I like most of the Marvel films, not feeling burnt out. I'm envious, DC is lagging behind.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I only worry about Strange, because they're having focus issues and shakiness towards director.

Hell, Edgar Wright gave them less shit before he walked.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      until these things stop making billions of dollars, they aren't going anywhere. we'd need a string of Batman and Robin type flicks before that happens I would think.
                      I think it will be a slow burnout.

Comment

• Director of Selma to helm Black Panther?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          I trust these guys.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ava DuVernay directing Black Panther is not true...source just confirmed it to me, credible source that is.</p>&mdash; LatinoReview-Kel (@Latinoreview) <a href="https://twitter.com/Latinoreview/status/613076672515047424">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
                          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here is my thoughts on Ava/Black Panther...</p>&mdash; Umberto Gonzalez (@elmayimbe) <a href="https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/613079814979719168">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The problem is that they don't even have a script yet for Black Panther...</p>&mdash; Umberto Gonzalez (@elmayimbe) <a href="https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/613079988229640192">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that Marvel can't do a development deal with Ava where she oversees the writing of the actual script.</p>&mdash; Umberto Gonzalez (@elmayimbe) <a href="https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/613080166760214529">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Last official reports, she was still in the running. I got a hard denial on one end close to her then I got something else from someone else</p>&mdash; Umberto Gonzalez (@elmayimbe) <a href="https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/613080683158736896">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• cool. To be honest I don't know anything about Black Panther or the director of Selma. Just didn't see any news about it.

Comment

• Tom Holland is Spidey.

Comment

• Not sure if I've seen him in anything, but he does have the look. Just have to cover up that thing on his chin and he's golden.

Comment

Working...
                                X