No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I read several of them this morning as well. Stretches from good to incredible, so who really knows. I want a review from someone with zero interest in the comic.

Comment

• Clint isn't the type to shut anyone's dick for good press. So if he says it works, I believe him. On the other hand, the other reviews it felt like they were looking for nice things to say, especially that THR review where they essentially say, "Don't worry. Hemsworth is good! Because he's hot!"
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I only read the quick one on /film so far. For him, it sounded like the Asgard stuff (beginning and end of the film) worked great while the Earth stuff (the entire middle of the film) was kinda flat.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• When you're reduced to literally throwing in Iron Man and Hulk (from their own movies) in the Goddamn TV spots, then you know something's up for Thor.

I'm optimistic this works, but this feels like The Incredible Hulk all over again. Us nerds will dig it. Nobody else will. Still think Fast Five is going to be quite the severe balls-kicking to Thor. And again, it feels like most of these early reviews are willing it to be good because they so want it to be.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I enjoyed The Incredible Hulk quite a bit.

And I'm firmly in the non-fan camp of the character.

(Also loved Nolte's speech at the end of the first one. He owned that scene.)
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I liked The Incredible Hulk too.

But all that advanced press it got (especially when it was hot off Iron Man exploding) was overly dick-sucky.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                When you're reduced to literally throwing in Iron Man and Hulk (from their own movies) in the Goddamn TV spots, then you know something's up for Thor.

I'm optimistic this works, but this feels like The Incredible Hulk all over again. Us nerds will dig it. Nobody else will. Still think Fast Five is going to be quite the severe balls-kicking to Thor. And again, it feels like most of these early reviews are willing it to be good because they so want it to be.
                I got the exact same vibe when I saw Hulk and Iron Man pop up in the commercial ("They're mentioning those two films before talking about Thor? Oh, boy...").

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                  I enjoyed The Incredible Hulk quite a bit.

Werd.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                    I liked The Incredible Hulk too.

But all that advanced press it got (especially when it was hot off Iron Man exploding) was overly dick-sucky.
                    Strangely, I remember it getting a lukewarm reception.

Which is why I only caught it when the Home Box Orifice started putting it on their schedule (or was it Skinamax?).
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Strangely, I remember it getting a lukewarm reception.
                      Biggest movie-news site/studio spin I can remember. Incredible Hulk cost way more than the Ang Lee film, opened lower and made a hair shy more total stateside. Yet the reboot was written off as a success by most.

Like I said. Dick-sucking at its finest. And then all that bullshit with Norton and those guys actually thinking he was coming back after he childishly refused to promote it and the press/attention that got? Talk about stupid motherfuckers.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Really?

I guess I just had no interest in the hype machine that summer.

I do recall Nortongate though.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Harry (AICN) loved 'Thor'. I'm past the point of believing him on anything, but some of the stuff that he described in his review DOES sound pretty cool.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• THOR has a 94% Tomatometer so far (out of 17 reviews). Didn't see that coming.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1197233-thor/

Comment

I enjoyed The Incredible Hulk quite a bit.

Ok. Can someone please explain this to me??? I did not understand that film. Not being a dick here. I just want to know what I'm missing.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• That's awesome. I hope that the % stays that good when it's got another 100 or so reviews in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X