No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Man 2 was unentertaining. That's it's main flaw.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I dunno, I kind of like IM2. I mean, it's one of the lesser of all the Marvel flicks but there is some good stuff in it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        wow...some critics are saying that this is worse than IM2? That's harsh.
        Its not.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          Its not.

Get back in your hole, halfling!
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            I dunno, I kind of like IM2. I mean, it's one of the lesser of all the Marvel flicks but there is some good stuff in it.
            Iron Man 2 had a lot of good ideas in it, but they were half-baked and executed poorly. They should have dumped Whiplash and just focused on Hammer. But that's all I can remember. I've done two Marvel Marathons and I always skip out during Iron Man 2.

As for Cap 2's script being superior to IM3 and Guardians, no, just no. The dialogue in IM3 and GotG is far better than Cap 2. The side characters in GotG are better drawn than the generic goons in Cap 2, and the central conceit in IM3 is far more daring than the spy stuff in Cap 2.

Now, I know this is the Internet which doesn't do nuance, but I'm not saying Cap 2 is a bad movie, it's just not as good as IM3 and GotG which stand out among the Phase 2 movies. Further, if Marvel is handing the keys to the Russo boys, then the high water mark for the MCU will be Phase 2. Book it.

Troy and I will have to go point by point when the rest of you have seen AOU because I don't want to have a discussion with spoiler tags.
            Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              Get back in your hole, halfling!
              You're not a critic, TROY. You're not even a man.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• FUCK ALL OF YOU I LOVE THIS MOVIE THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN YET!!!!!
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I don't have time to read everything because I am heading to a screening, but fucking Cap 2 generic the fuck you smoking on Krol get outta hippie town their dank budz is fuckin wichuuuuuu

Also yeah, eh to Earth stuff kind unless it is Cap snapping fucking backs.

Comment

•   Spoiler: AVENGERZ TALKKKKKKKKKKK 
                    It was fine. Nothing special, just fine. Everyone but Cap and Thor seemed bored to tears to be there. A lot of people said the opening scene was really great, but I found all the action to be kind of boring because line delivery in it, and really 90% of the movie was FLAT AS FUCK. Rhodie telling war stories like he is having tea and crumpets. Downey seemed to be actively annoyed he was doing it, and all of his lines fell completely flat...and what the fuck with all the weird dick jokes?

Why in the FUCK would you spend so much time on a bunch of goddamn HAWKEYE misdirection just to kill of Quicksilver, an infinitely more interesting character and get a goddamn punchline of "bet you didn't see that coming" holy shit fuck you Whedon. This is why I can't stand you. your sense of humor is perfect for nerds that are themselves not funny at all. And then a lot of stuff just didn't make much sense. Scarlet Witch (who was cool and I thought her moment with Hawkeye in the big final scene was legit great) taking off and the iron legion dude pulling the plunger to send the city crashing....then cut and now Thor is standing right next to it. Like a split second later. I was just thinking "where the fuck was he less than two seconds ago to stop this?"

Vision. Well he's weird, but I like that he's soooo comic booky. Just weird as shit. I am actually very interested in this new Avengers squad...except you know Hulk and Iron man will be back for the two parter. And for Krol and his "you don't care about characters" if you don't love this...I don't care about a single relationship in this series except for Thor/Cap/Iron Man love triangle which consists of them punching the shit out of each other or robots.Fast and Furious series has way better relationships than Marvel movies.

So yeah it's fine, whatever, but has some big issues. Or maybe I just continue to really not enjoy Whedon, which I guess Marvel isn't hot on him either since the best film in the series has it's directors taking over the big boy tent pole. I don't think I am interested in another Marvel movie until Cap 3. Or GOTG 2 whichever is coming first.

Comment

• The new team is rather Bvengers though.

Comment

• Jen and I enjoyed it, but I do see where Bill and Troy are coming from...

Spoiler: Spoilers and stuff, don'tchaknow... 
                        There are quite a few points where folks/events just seem to pop up, explanatory segues be damned (as in "wasn't INSERT AVENGER HERE miles away when this event happened, but HE/SHE is here now?" This is definitely a flick where you HAVE to pay attention to everything going on, or the issues magnify. Doing so kind of sort of explains why Tony and Bruce even worked on Ultron (Loki's scepter was in the room at the same time, and the Mind Infinity Stone was influencing them - a throwaway line in the act leading up to the final rumble with Ultron).

Agreed on Quicksilver - was getting more and more interested in him before he got whacked, but I did like seeing some background stuff for Hawkeye and Black Widow, as opposed to Iron Man/Cap/Thor getting all the screen time. The Hulk/BW romance had me scratching my head, though - where exactly did that come from? Could have also done without the multiple deaths of Ultron, too. Vision was cool, though - watching him in action had my inner 5 year old geeking out.

Still, all in all, I did enjoy it. Definitely needed some more work, but a worthy addition to the MCU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                          The new team is rather Bvengers though.
                          That's fine, since I had no investment in the team beyond Cap and Thor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            I dunno, I kind of like IM2. I mean, it's one of the lesser of all the Marvel flicks but there is some good stuff in it.
                            I think Iron Man 2 is WAY better than Ultron because it has character. Rockwell and Rourke are fun as fuck in it. Nothing is fun in AOU except the introduction of Ultron himself where he is a goddamn nightmare. A legit fucking horror villain...that then turns into a snarky super casual non-threatening robot. And nothing in AOU sticks. There's no impact in the punches, or in the actions of the characters.

Someone said this movie was about failure. Well then the lesson it teaches is don't worry if you fail, and it's all because of your hubris, because the world will suck your dick at the end!
                            Last edited by BillyG; 05-02-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              The lesson it teaches is don't worry if you fail, and it's all because of your hubris, don't worry, because the world will suck your dick at the end!
                              WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                                WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                                HE'S JUST A JET SUIT FLYING AUDI RIDING SON OF A GUN WOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                                X