No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I'm talking about here is dramatic tension. Without the possibility of death the dramatic tension is limited. Same thing with betrayal in a paranoid/conspiracy thriller.
    Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I don't follow your reasoning as this had elements of that genre in it, but it's not like they were adapting a LeCarre novel, so your complaint is fucking weird.
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-06-2014, 06:47 AM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Saw this 1st showing Saturday morning w/ my son. I agree that this was a superior entry in the catalog. However, I also think it was a bit too long. My son & I couldn't even wait out the Easter eggs because our bladders were about to burst. It was actually painful by the end. Can anyone who had the fortitude to do so let me in on what they were? I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD to actually see them.

What did you think of the 3D? I think it was a shade better than the Avengers (the only one I've seen in 3D so far), where it looked like it was added in as an afterthought, but still looked like they weren't always paying attention to it. It seemed like every time I'd think "This 3D is kind of lacking", something cool would come along to remind you that, yes you were indeed watching a Real D movie.

One last thought: my son was lamenting the other day that he thinks superheroes are the coolest thing in the world. And he can't believe seemingly none of his classmates think the same. There were trailers for Guardians, X-Men, and the new Spidey movie (which looks like it will be SPECTACULAR in 3D) shown before CA:TWS. What a great time to be a kid in love w/ Marvel Heroes. I'd be jealous if I weren't a big kid myself & around to see it now.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Glad SonofBorg is in the prime saturation point in kidhood to enjoy this stuff.

As for the eggs,

Spoiler: post credits 
            Baron von Strucker is in a Hydra base looking at the recovered pieces of Loki's pokeystick and the infinity gem stuck in it. Then he goes over to a holding cell, talking about the test subjects who have survived their soldier experimentation as being "miracles" and we then see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch inside.

Spoiler: post post credits 
            We return to the Smithsonian exhibit and Bucky appears in his "on the run" civilian gear.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
              If they go where it looks like they're going, he'll be there.

Kinda hinted at his costume with that harness he wore at the end.
              Cool. And I THOUGHT there was something weird about that harness.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                What I'm talking about here is dramatic tension. Without the possibility of death the dramatic tension is limited. Same thing with betrayal in a paranoid/conspiracy thriller.
                Having such a betrayal would have so cliché by now.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• alright I'm headed off to the theater to see this. PLEASE BE GOOD.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So good. Didn't realize there was a post credits scene as well as mid-credits scene. As I said on Facebook somehow this was a comic book version of The Conversation, and was CRAZY brutal for what I expected. After the freeway battle I was fucking hyped for Raid 2...who would have thought Cap would leave to Raid comparisons?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      alright I'm headed off to the theater to see this. PLEASE BE GOOD.
                      It is. Don't worry.
                      Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      So good. Didn't realize there was a post credits scene as well as mid-credits scene. As I said on Facebook somehow this was a comic book version of The Conversation, and was CRAZY brutal for what I expected. After the freeway battle I was fucking hyped for Raid 2...who would have thought Cap would leave to Raid comparisons?
                      Yeah, Bucky was brutal as fuck.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Loved, loved, loved Cap 2. Like Iggy, though, we left before the post-post credits stuff (we did stay for the mid credits!), as our bladders were going "Nuff Said, True Believer!"

Marvel does espionage this go round (though Bill is far from wrong on his Conversation comparison). Also, like Anderson said, this flick is going to raise the stakes on the SHIELD TV show, to the point where I can't wait until Tuesday night to see the fallout.

Loved the Falcon - Anthony Mackie delivered like gangbusters to the point that he BETTER be in Cap 3. The bonding with Steve as fellow vets and all the baggage they carry from their experiences was a terrific character moment, one I'd like to see develop into the solid friendship both characters have in the comics.

Y'know, all things considered, even the least of Marvel's Disney/Paramount flicks, no matter which one you pick, is still pretty freakin' terrific. With Cap 2, they continue one hell of a roll - just hoping Guardians of the Galaxy follows suit.

Comment

• Same here Tim. And reactions to the Guardians trailer from non-nerd seemed good, especially at the comedy, then everyone was WTF at the action and the raccoon. Positive.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Same reactions at our showing, Martin - hope this means good things for the film when it's released as I'd dig Marvel spending some time in space for awhile.

Comment

• Really enjoyed this. They fixed what problems I had with the first one and ramped this shit up so high I was enthralled the entire time.

Loved the stuff with Anim, Garry Shandling, and the Falcon (seriously, Mackie knocked it outta the park). The fights were bad fucking ass and Widow finally able to be let loose a bit more was great.

What still bothers me in all of this is the fact that this shit is going down and not one other superhero comes to help. Same issue I had in IM3.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Also that post credit scene? AWESOME.

Comment

Working...
                                X