No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really loved Captain America. Maybe kinda fizzled out a little at the end, and, seriously,
      Spoiler: SPOILER BIGTIME 
    When is someone actually gonna die in these films!?!?! First, Coulson gets it through the heart, then Fury gets turned to swiss, and still, THEY LIVE!
    but overall it might go right under The Avengers as my favorite Marvel film.

Very curious to see where Agents of SHIELD is headed now. I'm gonna stay spoiler free on that one, cause I want something to look forward to while watching that damn show.

Also, nice shout out to
      Spoiler: Spoiler 
    Stephan Strange
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Friday. It finally drops on Friday. This week is going to be exceptionally long.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Planning on checking it out this weekend with Jen. CAN'T. FUCKING. WAIT!

Comment

• Yep, all over Cap this weekend. Probably Saturday night.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
            Also, nice shout out to
              Spoiler: Spoiler 
            Stephan Strange
            Yep. That's a Phase 3 project confirmed right there, I reckon.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Some afterglow thoughts: the arm of Winter Soldier, the score for Winter Soldier, and the overall sense of actual threat posed by Winter Soldier was just fucking awesome all around.

He was a walking OH SHIT moment.

Definitely had an odd deja vu moment with where Cap ended up and where Redford's character ended up at the end of All is Lost.

Also flashbacks to Goldeneye.

This may have been my favorite of the Marvel films so far.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• gah, cant' see this until Sunday possibly,.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• HOPING to see this tomorrow night. I've gotta take the wife unit downtown for the damned flower show at Macy's, so I'm hoping we can bang that out and get the movie in that evening. Otherwise, trying to fit it in on Sunday is going to be difficult.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Shit I missed the first time and I can't believe it.

Spoiler: Opening day spoilers 

How did I ignore that Abed had a speaking role in this?

Gary Sinise as the Smithsonian exhibit narrator.

The Fort Lehigh bunker and Cap talking to Peggy Carter being direct lifts from the Gruenwald comic run.

Jarvis style systems are now being used in all SHIELD vehicles. Foreshadowing for Age of Ultron.

Maria Hill getting a job at Stark International at the end of the film.

The Jasper Sitwell comic origins making the connection between Patton Oswalt playing Eric Koenig making more sense for the Agents of SHIELD show.

The Newman's Own jar being in Redford's fridge when he opens it up for the milk.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Also, posting really early Avengers 2 rumors here while the site is being upgraded and worked on.

Spoiler: These come from the email line, not from any confirmed spies on the ground. 

Scarlet Witch gets a "No More Mutants" style joke.

Hydra is still a big threat, but more of a misdirect for this installment ala Batroc.

Did you like Hawkeye in the Age of Ultron comic? Too bad, that's what you're getting here.

People are saying the Hulk gets a bigger role, when it's really more on Banner's shoulders.

If you've seen Cap 2, you can piece together how Ultron comes to be.

Nick Fury is trying to rescue and recruit the individuals that Hydra is targeting for their ability to oppose the Nazi Science Terror Cell.

Also, Von Strucker gets to use a version of his Devil's Claw/Satan Claw.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That last one is especially pleasing to me.

In either previous post, the sentiment is felt.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I too am pleased.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            Shit I missed the first time and I can't believe it.

Spoiler: Opening day spoilers 

How did I ignore that Abed had a speaking role in this?

Gary Sinise as the Smithsonian exhibit narrator.

The Fort Lehigh bunker and Cap talking to Peggy Carter being direct lifts from the Gruenwald comic run.

Jarvis style systems are now being used in all SHIELD vehicles. Foreshadowing for Age of Ultron.

Maria Hill getting a job at Stark International at the end of the film.

The Jasper Sitwell comic origins making the connection between Patton Oswalt playing Eric Koenig making more sense for the Agents of SHIELD show.

The Newman's Own jar being in Redford's fridge when he opens it up for the milk.
                            The last one there is pretty cool.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• This was really, really good. It was a little long (the end battle with the three helicarriers could have been streamlined a tad), but this was really a superior entry in the Marvel franchise.

Chris Evans has quickly made Cap one of my favorite characters. I'll miss him more than I'll miss RDJ when they both decide to move on to other things.

Comment

• POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler: Seriously you may be spoiled 
                                Best headstone quote ever.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X