Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Is the first one the thing that Gunn shot and Thor's director hated?

Yep.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Oh and they're gonna retcon Mandarin? Get cancer, assholes.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        Oh and they're gonna retcon Mandarin? Get cancer, assholes.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of it. While I love what they did in Iron Man 3, it create larger plotholes within Iron Man 1.

The way I'm seeing it from the information I have at hand is Trevor gets visited by AIM wanting to replace the Mandarin that failed them with a better one.

Trevor was still the Mandarin. Just not the Mandarin that gets to live past this upcoming short film.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• It's been a while since I've seen IM3 but didn't they leave themselves wiggleroom in regards to the Mandarin?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It's been a while since I've seen IM3 but didn't they leave themselves wiggleroom in regards to the Mandarin?

Yep.

Comment

• it sucks because I for one really fucking liked Trevor and that whole bit, but it's not the end all for me. I just hope it makes sense and it's not because nerds freaked out about the reveal.

Stupid question, was it ever explained why Captain America is the only good super-soldier candidate?
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

it sucks because I for one really fucking liked Trevor and that whole bit, but it's not the end all for me. I just hope it makes sense and it's not because nerds freaked out about the reveal.

Stupid question, was it ever explained why Captain America is the only good super-soldier candidate?

Well, here's the kicker.

In the comics, Dr. Erskine was forced into labor camps to work on the formula. The movie got it right that The Red Skull was the result of a botched attempt to force the serum. However, the end result showed Erskine what was needed to make it work.

When he defected to the US, he knew it could work at mass scale. The US just had to be willing to fork someone over. So, they grabbed a pipsqueak kid that was on his way to becoming an orphan. It worked, but Erskine got capped.

The end result was that the government took Erskine's notes and started the Weapon Plus program.

Captain American = Weapon I
                Nuke = Weapon VII
                Wolverine = Weapon X

and so on.

Roman Numeral, not letters. If Erskine would've lived, the US would've had an army of super soldiers.

Comment

• Pearce saying he was the Mandarin said it all about how open-ended it was. Pretty chicken-shit way of taking all our money and now playing dumb and giving into fan pressure. Just like how they brought back Coulson.

I hated the twist. But they had my respect for having the balls to go through with it and not reneging at the end. It didn't ruin the rest of Iron Man 3. Just said, "Well... that's bullshit" and enjoyed the remainder.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                    Well, here's the kicker.

In the comics, Dr. Erskine was forced into labor camps to work on the formula. The movie got it right that The Red Skull was the result of a botched attempt to force the serum. However, the end result showed Erskine what was needed to make it work.

When he defected to the US, he knew it could work at mass scale. The US just had to be willing to fork someone over. So, they grabbed a pipsqueak kid that was on his way to becoming an orphan. It worked, but Erskine got capped.

The end result was that the government took Erskine's notes and started the Weapon Plus program.

Captain American = Weapon I
                    Nuke = Weapon VII
                    Wolverine = Weapon X

and so on.

Roman Numeral, not letters. If Erskine would've lived, the US would've had an army of super soldiers.
                    Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• Much like Coulson, it's a case of giving the fans what they want in a different way than they expected.

I trust Marvel on this.

Comment

• If this gives us some MAGIC then yeah, awesome.

Comment

If this gives us some MAGIC then yeah, awesome.
                          MAGIC... in your pants?
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

If this gives us some MAGIC then yeah, awesome.

Magic? Probably not. Chaos? More than likely.

Comment

• semantics

Comment

semantics

Spoiler: Avengers 2 related 

I can't wait for the giant backflips they have to do to explain mutants, Infinity Gems and the like during Avengers 2. All the while, introducing Ultron.

Comment

Working...
                                X