No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie's point about Randy Quaid is a salient one, but I just want to be clear on one thing: I brought up those goofy-fun films because I wanted to show I'm not some art-house snob who's anti-blockbusters, especially not the silly kind. I wasn't putting The Avengers in the same camp as them or suggesting it would be better if it was more like them -- horses for courses and all that.

The movie has been met with a reaction best described as orgasmic. The movie I went to see felt considerably less than that. I would've been disappointed even if I'd been the first person in the world to see it, but the excessive fan-gushing only heightened the feeling of 'anti-climax.'
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• You know what's been bothering me about the film since I've seen it?

Spoiler: This the last week I'll use Spoiler Tags on this movie 
      Nick Fury fires a rocket launcher at a heavily fueled plane carrying a nuclear weapon. Let's just stop and think about that one.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I blame his infection.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I get where you're coming from about the magnitude of mewling done by the quims and he-quims in the aftermath of this culminations of years (AND YEARS) of build setting you up for such impossible expectations to be met. I sort of felt that for a moment or two during the runtime, but the anti-mewling quim of doubt was stifled by the sweet sweet Barry White voice of Scarlett Johannson.

As an opening salvo for the next wave of superhero team-up movies, this was better than what I expected. Granted, the start was about as bland as the opening to Serenity with Chewy in the Great Television-Scale Hallway of Exposition, but for the most part ol' Fivehead kept the plates spinning the entire time.

I myself ruined several rows ahead of me by allowing my nerdquims to mewl too loudly when Hulk went full tilt in front of Grand Central Station.

Can't wait for the next Marvel movie. Modok's red-headed babby better be ready to up the ante (what a jerk, right guys?).
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            You know what's been bothering me about the film since I've seen it?

Nick Fury fires a rocket launcher at a heavily fueled plane carrying a nuclear weapon. Let's just stop and think about that one.
            He fired a special anti-plot rocket at the plot device.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Saw it. LOVED IT.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Quick question: did I miss when they explained how Thor managed to get back on Earth? Since the Rainbow bridge got destroyed in Thor?

And yeah, some plot issues, but overall, the best comic book movie for me.

Comment

• There was a line that Odin used some dark energy or magic to get Thor to Earth to apprehend Loki.

Comment

• gracias!

Comment

• No problem. There was so much stuff going on in that movie, it's easy to miss lines here and there.

Comment

• I kinda paid the price for that huge root beer I was drinking....

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          You know what's been bothering me about the film since I've seen it?

Most nuclear weapons don't actually arm until they're fired and en route to the target.
                          Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Indeed, but blowing one makes a dirty bomb. Still ain't a party.

Comment

• Depends. I know some nukes are designed to withstand a plane exploding so they can be recovered intact in case of just such an emergency.

Or, y'know, comic book based movie rules. If you can buy a giant green behemoth, a super-soldier, a demigod, a genius in a suit of high-tech armor, etc., nuclear weapons that can withstand a plane blowing up around them is a given. That, or it was a SHIELD missile no-explodey-nuke doohickey he was firing.

Comment

• Nitpicking a comic book movie's reality is like playing pick up sticks with your buttcheeks.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X