No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You say that as if it were a bad thing.

Quick, somebody find a pick of the Portman pounding a shawarma.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• And Rob Hughes' heart grew three sizes this day...

Comment

• BDR: Home of all your cock loving sandwich eating needs!!!
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Its really not very different from gyros.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Stole this.....

They're rather different.
            Gyros are Greek in origin. They are simply meat, tomatoes, onion, and tzatziki sauce on pita. In Greece the meat is typically pork (never had one). In America, specifically here in Chicago (their local origin), the meat is a combination of beef & lamb.
            Shwawarma is Middle Eastern in origin. The possible toppings are much more diverse, and can include: tahini, tabouli, fattoush, cucumber, and hummus. Tzatziki isn't typically used, at least not in America. The meat is also never pork, it can be lamb, beef or chicken.
            They owe their similarities to their common Turkish ancestor the doner kebab.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Getting fucking ravenous for a gyro/shawarma.
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• There's this joint right across the street from my place in Union City called Mr. Kebob. He sells this stuff and it's awesome. I get the combo donor and I get it hot n spicy. The guy that runs it always says, "You GOT it MAN!" after everything I order. It's precious.

Oh, yeah, and Avengers was awesome.
                Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  You say that as if it were a bad thing.

Quick, somebody find a pick of the Portman pounding a shawarma.
                  Sandwich derailment is never a bad thing! Neither is the PORTMAN pounding stuff!
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Getting fucking ravenous for a gyro/shawarma.
                    No shit man....
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I thought this was pretty disappointing, it saddens me to say. Highlights were Evans and Ruffalo, some of the set-pieces, and glimmers of Hiddlestone/Whedon magic. Otherwise, I found this to be a pretty routine blockbuster with some above-average moments.

I wasn't all that jazzed about the plot.* Obviously, it can only be so complex in a film of this nature (especially one revolving around so many characters.) Still, it felt too slight to support all the rushing around and shouting/debates. I also found most of the humour to be pretty flat, which is weird for me as I generally love Whedon's tone. It was a nice fit for the material, though.

* I'm aware that many people don't go to movies like this for their plots, but I need a certain level of sophistication to care the required amount about what's going on. This didn't cut it for me.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Kind of wish we had seen Thor and Captain before seeing this, but had fun all the same. REALLY wish we had seen it in 2D as my eyes are still fucked up from the 3D. Nathan had to go back to work, so he missed the extras at the end and I only caught the first one. Maybe we'll go see it this weekend so we can stay for the end credits. Overall I liked it, but I'd still like to push ScarJo out an airlock.
                        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                          I thought this was pretty disappointing, it saddens me to say. Highlights were Evans and Ruffalo, some of the set-pieces, and glimmers of Hiddlestone/Whedon magic. Otherwise, I found this to be a pretty routine blockbuster with some above-average moments.

I wasn't all that jazzed about the plot.* Obviously, it can only be so complex in a film of this nature (especially one revolving around so many characters.) Still, it felt too slight to support all the rushing around and shouting/debates. I also found most of the humour to be pretty flat, which is weird for me as I generally love Whedon's tone. It was a nice fit for the material, though.

* I'm aware that many people don't go to movies like this for their plots, but I need a certain level of sophistication to care the required amount about what's going on. This didn't cut it for me.
                          It's okay Bobby. You live to far away for me to stab you.

Seriously though, it's cool, you didn't dig it. It happens.

Comment

• Rebecca (The Town) Hall is replacing Jessica Chastain in Iron Man 3.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
                              Kind of wish we had seen Thor and Captain before seeing this, but had fun all the same. REALLY wish we had seen it in 2D as my eyes are still fucked up from the 3D. Nathan had to go back to work, so he missed the extras at the end and I only caught the first one. Maybe we'll go see it this weekend so we can stay for the end credits. Overall I liked it, but I'd still like to push ScarJo out an airlock.
                              You never saw Thor or Cap? Yeah, Thor's movie factors in HEAVILY into this.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I really wish this was an arthouse film shot in black and white with subtitles.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X