Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    I may just be basking in the afterglow still, but for me...yeah, it's the best. I simply had way too much fun with this, even with my minor nitpicks. We'll see how it holds up on a second viewing (which may be tomorrow night).
    Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
    All of the issues people have with this flick didn't bother me at all. In fact this is the first of the superhero flicks by Marvel that didn't feel like it lost any steam in the 3rd act. My only minor nitpick (and more of a wish) is that they were skrulls instead of chitari. But it's cool, I'm just glad we live in a day and age where a movie like this is possible.
    I'm with these guys & I don't give any fucks, like at all.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• One of my favorite parts was the combo of Iron Man's repulsor beam and Cap's shield. Love it when they do that shit in movies, also see the Fastball special in the beginning of X3
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
        One of my favorite parts was the combo of Iron Man's repulsor beam and Cap's shield. Love it when they do that shit in movies, also see the Fastball special in the beginning of X3
        Happened so fast I don't think 3/4 of my theater caught that. I wanted to stand up and cheer.

Comment

• Yeah, I dug that too. It was a team effort in the final battle, which was refreshing.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Loved this. Rep for you, sir!

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
            One of my favorite parts was the combo of Iron Man's repulsor beam and Cap's shield. Love it when they do that shit in movies, also see the Fastball special in the beginning of X3
              Spoiler: Juuuust in case! 
            That move was pretty slick. Loved all the little moments in the flick: the bet between Cap and Fury, Stark and Banner bonding over science, Black Widow and Loki's scene. Shit they even had Pepper Potts make a couple of cameos, and I didn't think Paltrow was gonna even be in the film!

Comment

• My pure geekyness exploded out of every pore of my body when
                Spoiler: MEGA SPOILER 
              The chittari lead said the phrase "court death" and Thanos turned around and smiled.

Me and my buddy both screamed his name out like we just climaxed while riding him doggy style.

Even Sarah looked at me a little funny.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Also loved Hulk trying pick up the hammer. The look on his face and then the look on Thor's face was great.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Also loved Hulk trying pick up the hammer. The look on his face and then the look on Thor's face was great.
                  Lord yes, the way he kept pulling and sinking....Greatness.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    My pure geekyness exploded out of every pore of my body when
                      Spoiler: MEGA SPOILER 
                    The chittari lead said the phrase "court death" and Thanos turned around and smiled.

Me and my buddy both screamed his name out like we just climaxed while riding him doggy style.

Even Sarah looked at me a little funny.
                    THIS. I think I said "No WAY!" He's always been my favorite villain ever. EV-AR.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Ok, I'm going to make it official. I want to put my dick in this movie.

Comment

• So are they going to be doing the
                          Spoiler: spoiulrkzefrs 
                        Infinity Gauntlet story
                        in the next one?

Comment

So are they going to be doing the
                            Spoiler: spoiulrkzefrs 
                          Infinity Gauntlet story
                          in the next one?

Here's the thing, Kevin Feige has been playing it close to vest about it.

Thor 2 is a sorta Asgardian scavenger hunt for shit missing from the vault.
                          Dr. Strange will tie into this angle in some regard.
                          Plus, Marvel marketing was fucking around and saying that Loki's staff was powered by the
                            Spoiler: spoiler 
                          mind gem
                          . Then, they removed the reference over the weekend.

All signs point to yes...we get some form of the
                            Spoiler: spoiler 
                          Infinity Gauntlet
                          , but I see it framed by the
                            Spoiler: nerd spoiler 
                          second Thanos War
                          (which Whedon admitted was his favorite Marvel story). It's a good story, but the reprints are rather pricy. Even in that case, they need to work in
                            Spoiler: another spoiler 
                          Adam Warlock
                          or find a good stand-in.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Huh. neat. I cannot wait for THOR 2. Thor was probably one of my favorite of the Marvel films and that's weird because I always thought Thor was a lame character.

Comment

• Hope so. Read somewhere that Whedon is thinking of doing a more intimate story for the sequel. Which is fucking nuts after bringing you-know-who in during the end credits. YOU DON'T POWER DOWN AFTER 2+ HOURS OF AWESOME, JOSS.

I do hope they bring in more Avengers down the line, if they go with... you-know-who... as the big bad. Hell, make War Machine an Avenger, get Black Panther, Vision, etc. and go to town.

ETA: Or what Anderson said. His kung-fu is far stronger than mine.
                              Last edited by Timothy225; 05-07-2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                                THIS. I think I said "No WAY!" He's always been my favorite villain ever. EV-AR.
                                Totally. I got out my toys and showed them to Sarah to explain who he is and what he does.

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                Ok, I'm going to make it official. I want to put my dick in this movie.
                                I'd let it put it's dick into me.
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X