No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard's already pooping on it. I get that it's not a perfect movie but WTF GUISE?!?
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      No other theaters Tim?

I'm meeting up with a group at 1:30 tomorrow at the theater right by me. So excite.
      Yeah, we could've made the trip out to Brick to see it, or Toms River, but my bro and his wife are still recovering from jet lag, so we figured we'd take it easy on 'em. Jen and I are DEFINITELY going to see this Saturday. It's Free Comic Book Day anyway, and my wife loves her some Hulk, so it's going to happen.

As for Thor, I did like it a lot. It could've done with more action (like Matt said, the best action beats occurred in the front end of the flick), but it feels like something's... missing from it. Can't say what, exactly - my brother and I talked about it a bit earlier. He also hasn't seen Captain America yet, so I told him to get on that shit ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
        Fuuuuck.

Go see it.
        This. In all caps. With many exclamation points.

Megan's ass is always an acceptable addition to the conversation.

For the first time in ever, Gwyneth Paltrow didn't make me want to end the movie with her head in a box. Her early scenes were positively scintillating. I approve.

Schwarma looks like a good late night out.

Next stop: another theatrical viewing of Cabin in the Woods.

Comment

• Hi guys! You know that talk about Robin from Batman Returns a few pages back? I still have that figure. And the penguin commandos. And the Penguin. And a very squatty Catwoman. Plus Silver Waffle Batman. I have the Batcave still too. In fact, I need to do a top 10 list of my most ridiculous Batman figures I own.

I do love the Robin figure, if only cause he has an perfect Kid n' Play flat top.

Also, The Avengers made me feel like I was in a Gummi Bear orgy while completely wasted on gummi berry juice while doing backstrokes in a huge money vault.

Fuck, I'm tired and I don't think I'm making any sense at all so let me end my first post here in like a month with this bit of wisdom... The Avengers is Hebrew Approved, which is the same as a Rabbi blessing bacon. Yes, I still have no clue what the fuck I'm typing.

Oh fuck my brain lobes, Sam Rubin is now on tv and I can't reach the remote. Jesus, please save me. Jesus-Robin with a flattop, I mean. Cause Jesus would totally be Robin cause God would be Batman, duh.

Ok, I'm going to bed. Sam Rubin is talking to an asian women about "being on top". I just died a little inside.

Ok, a lot.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Luh u 2 bro.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Getting ready for work this morning (4:18 am....wooo)

Thinking about it, two moments made me want to stand and yell during the movie. First, Tony picking up his phone and claiming to be "Tony Stark's Life Model Decoy". Such a fucking SUPERB callback to "Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD" #1s first page splash. Completely unexpected. God I'm a nerd.

Second, and most completely: Hammer Meets Shield. Fuuuuuuuuck yes. THAT was the moment I was fullly won over.

Comment

• I actually thought you were talking about Justin Hammer and SHIELD and thought I'd missed something.

But yes, the Cap vs Thor fight was class.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• fuck yeah, going to see this in a bit. yesssssss
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Kids and wife are seeing the 11:05 this morning.

Comment

• THE AVENGERS is the best comic book movie, to date. Better than SUPERMAN, better than the Nolan BATMAN flicks. Holy shit is it fun.

My thoughts:
                        Spoiler: Spoiler 
                      - It's very smart about dividing up action sequences among the different players. They start off very one-on-one and gradually escalate. By the time you get to the third act, they look and act like a legitimate team. It totally works.
                      - They address the fact that Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Captain America are not as strong as the others in a very smart way. In the final battle, they each get assigned tasks that specifically play to their abilities that MAKE SENSE yet still contribute the overall effort. It's very smart.
                      - The humor in the film is top notch without being overdone. It's all character driven and never distracts from what is going on. That being said, Hulk steals the show with some moments that will, quite literally, leave the audience howling with laughter. His encounter with Loki, for instance, produced one of the single hardest laughs and cheers that I've ever heard in ANY movie.
                      - The action...all of it...is exceptionally well choreographed. You can always tell what's going on. Also, the physics of the objects in motions feels right (for the most part).
                      - Every single character get solid hero moments of WOW THAT'S FUCKING COOL.
                      - Every single character gets an arc of some sort except for Thor...he gets more of a resolution of his arc from his solo film, and that's OK.
                      Iron Man learns about being a hero, being a team player, loss, and sacrifice.
                      Hulk learns about accepting and using his abilities rather than hiding them
                      Hawkeye seeks redemption for his actions
                      Captain America finds a place in this world as a leader
                      Black Widow comes to terms with her past
                      Thor resolves his relationship with Loki.

The only flaw in the movie is with the 2nd act on the SHIELD helicarrier. It's a tad too long. If they could somehow tighten that section up and lose 10 minutes to increase the pace, the film would be flawless.

That's a minor nitpick, though. The third act is flawless.
                      Last edited by Matt; 05-05-2012, 08:59 AM.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Also, the wife thought it was great, better than IRON MAN. She thought it was funny as hell.

I want a gif of LOKI VS HULK (aka BAMBI VS GODZILLA)
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Hey you assholes stop posting until about 3pm so I can go see it. Thanks.

Comment

• Hey, we didn't ask you to not buy a house until we could afford it.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              Hey, we didn't ask you to not buy a house until we could afford it.

I gave him rep for this. You should too.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                Hey, we didn't ask you to not buy a house until we could afford it.

GET A JOB HIPPIE

Comment

Working...
                                X