No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Robocop Redux, what Ben said. The original is hard to top and I honestly can't see how redoing it is anything but a cash grab, Keaton, Oldman and Jackson notwithstanding.

Re: Total Recall Redux, what Rob said. The newer version is its own beast and has zip to do with the Schwarzenegger version except in name only. I also agree with Rob re: the production design/world building. Loved the design work, especially the robots/drones used as enforcers and the huge elevator that shoots through the planet - that was pretty slick and led to some great action sequences with Farrell and Beckinsale.

Comment

• That's all fine. So why draw attention to the original by including whole passages of dialogue and visual references (the three-titted chick, for instance)? I didn't mind the film, but it's still just the second best Total Recall film.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Would you believe I forgot about the three-boobed chick in the redo until you just mentioned it? I do agree that the redo doesn't get the love the original does. Still, it's a somewhat decent diversion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
          That's all fine. So why draw attention to the original by including whole passages of dialogue and visual references (the three-titted chick, for instance)? I didn't mind the film, but it's still just the second best Total Recall film.
          It's called nerd rage Ben. They were trying to avoid it.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I said it before but again. Death by car bomb proximity rather than shot gun dismemberment?

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
              I said it before but again. Death by car bomb proximity rather than shot gun dismemberment?
              In reference to? I've slept since you brought it up last and I'm getting Nathan old.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• From what I've deduced from the trailer, the method in which he "dies" is standing next to a car that explodes. I much prefer the original method.

Comment

• Ahhhhhhh, yeah. Carsplosion is so.....informal. Come on criminals, get a little more hands on!

Comment

• Korine's next flick to be based on his book 'A Crack Up At The Race Riots'?

The book was about a racially-divided alternate-universe Florida, where the whites are led by Vanilla Ice, the black folk led by MC Hammer, and the Jewish population safely retreated to the treetops.
                    Already there. I hope this is happening for reals.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Korine's next flick to be based on his book 'A Crack Up At The Race Riots'?

Already there. I hope this is happening for reals.
                      I saw that today in my feed and I thought someone was fucking with me. That being said, this could be the greatest movie of 2015 if they get it done.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I want to actually see Vanilla Ice and Hammer in it. That would the most amazing movie ever.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I want Franco to play Hammer.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• YES.

Comment

• Good to hear that WINTER'S TALE is supposed to be terrible. Swing and a miss, Mr. Goldsman.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'm so glad my wife hates those types of shtity movies. Those trailers looked fucking terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X