No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will sound ridiculous, but the 'shallowness' of it is one of the things that makes me love it more. It made me cry and I didn't expect it to and certainly not where and when it did. I can pick apart all the technical problems with the script that are obvious, but I don't want to - because the more I see them, the more they work for the film.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I'm with Ben. Yeah it was basic as hell, but it worked in its favor in my opinion. And a tear did fall from my face during it. DON'T TELL ANYONE.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm kinda with Bobby on this, and that's one of the reasons why I rate RUSH more highly on my list of 2013 films. GRAVITY is pretty damned great, though.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          Who's overrating him? All he did was Do the Right Thing and tell me I'm a slave owner for the last twenty five years. Best thing he ever did was wear that fuckin' moosejaw hat to the Knicks game.

The 25th Hour and I would like a word with you outside...
          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• It has some good performances in it. But do you consider his other work very solid? Because I often find him to be so heavy handed that it ruins what would and should be a great film. 25th Hour is a great example of Spike getting in the way of Spike.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0ZIOuGyMQbc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

looks pretty good.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Looks generic, but not bad. Rental.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Looks like fun times. Pew pew and drug monies! Weeeeeeeee
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I like everyone in it. Could be a decent matinee flick on a snowy Sunday.

Comment

• Word. Or even a not snowy day.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Why did they give him a Hitler haircut?

Comment

• My 3 favourite Spike joints (doesn't mean his best): Clockers, Summer of Sam and The 25th Hour. But I'm pretty pumped for his Oldboy - looks to be the Vanilla Sky to Park's Abre Los Ojos, and that's all right with me.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                            Why did they give him a Hitler haircut?
                            Because it was a matter of time.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Looks like fun to me.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bPXqCuGgW-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love Huebal and Schaal and of course JCVD. Not a theater, but definitely could be a drunken On Demand/Netflix watch

Comment

Working...
                                X