New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Cianfrance

Heard the whole triptych framework falls apart in the third. Pity.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yep, doesn't really work. It's also another film that has pretty much said all it has to say by the halfway mark and so it feels about 4 hours long by the time you get to the end.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

I was really looking forward to it too. Oh well, sophomore slumps happen. At least he's swinging big.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Pain & Gain is a great American movie. Yes, I went there. Because Bay made the effort and went there too.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Is Pain and Gain gonna be the Bay movie that movie nerds finally realize what the fuck the rest of us "people with shitty taste" have been saying?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Well they pretend like they loved Bad Boys II as a masterpiece in excess from the start. That's bullshit. They only love it because Hot Fuzz got the ball rolling.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                Well they pretend like they loved Bad Boys II as a masterpiece in excess from the start. That's bullshit. They only love it because Hot Fuzz got the ball rolling.
                Bullshit. Bad Boys II was a classic the moment I walked out of that theater.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Trueshit. The reception was negative as Hell when it opened. If you loved it from the start (no reason to doubt), you're one of the few.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

This.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Hot Fuzz at all.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I think I've seen Fuzz maybe 2 times since it's come out. It does absolutely nothing for me at all.

Comment

Never been one to watch Wright's work multiple times myself.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Word to yer motha
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            I think I've seen Fuzz maybe 2 times since it's come out. It does absolutely nothing for me at all.
                            WHAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Sad for you mate. It's a boneafide classic for me. It hits all the right notes as far as parody goes while being a great movie itself.

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

PLUS:

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

This was by far the most nihilistic/misanthropic film I think I've ever seen.
                                You need to get out more.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X