New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
    Would like to see all the pitches Abrams rejected.

Given the nature of most of his projects, I don't think there were many.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      STID was excessively, insultingly dumb to the point that it slapped me in the face.
      MOS had minor errors but nothing to take you out of the movie while you were watching it.
      Right on. STID is waaaaaaayyyyy dumber and more condescending than Man of Steel, which at least attempted a different cinematic take on the material rather than trotting out fan service that crippled the through-line of the plot.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Suicide by Tornado.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          Suicide by Tornado.
          Magic blood. Oh and KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I maintain my stance. Into Darkness is aggressively fucking stupid within the first three minutes, and it only gets worse.

Man of Steel was your typical blockbuster dumb.

Comment

• Both had disappointing villains, that's for sure.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I think both had great performances from their villains with intentions, reasons, motive that was clear as fucking mud.

Comment

• Sometimes a bro just needs to ride mother nature right into the grave. I liked MoS no fucks given if anybody else does/doesn't. We don't have to all like the same things!!!
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Both suck.

Comment

• I enjoyed Man of Steel a lot more and felt a lot less insulted by it. It's still not perfect, nowhere near, but it's still - in my opinion - the best Superman film since the first Donner one.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        I enjoyed Man of Steel a lot more and felt a lot less insulted by it. It's still not perfect, nowhere near, but it's still - in my opinion - the best Superman film since the first Donner one.

Both suck.

Comment

• I wanna kick anyone in the crotch to complain about "there never being a good Superman movie."
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

I wanna kick anyone in the crotch to complain about "there never being a good Superman movie."

There have been 1 or 2 average ones. But, good?

Well, kick away.

Comment

• You don't find Superman the Movie to be good?

*KICKS*
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

You don't find Superman the Movie to be good?

*KICKS*

I loved it when I was younger, but it's hokey and dated.

That being said, I wouldn't throw Margot Kidder off the roof.

Comment

Working...
                                X